BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by pgarfunkle View Post
    I was in my local GW today and didn't get charged for a bag so I don't know how wide spread this practice is yet. Maybe thy are waiting for the weekend in my local.
    You sure they haven't just put it on the bill without telling you? I'd be amazed if they had rolled it out in some stores and not others. Unless you are in an area outside of England, that might explain it.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    You sure they haven't just put it on the bill without telling you? I'd be amazed if they had rolled it out in some stores and not others. Unless you are in an area outside of England, that might explain it.
    Nope I'm in England and checked the charge on the receipt at the time because i was curious after reading this thread and no charge for the bag.

I'm picking up dark vengeance tomorrow so will see what happens then

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Hmm, how odd. I was told the week before last in my local store.
    Well it's definitely happening in Shrewsbury.

Also Wildey, I got home at like 11 last night so that's why I didn't add you.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Well wolfie did band names from puns
    I did films and charcters from quotes
    Can't remember if TDA did one too

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I'm a student. I learned quickly just empty out your book bag, and use that as your reuseable shopping bag. Expecially if you have to walk and/or take the bus for your groceries.

As for how this news effects me? Not at all. I would only ever buy one thing at a time, so I just would toss it in my wargame bag. I hated thows plastic bags before it became hip to. =P Not to mention I've never played regularly in a officle GW store.
    Last edited by Lockark; 08-31-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Chapter-Master

I think it is good, everywhere should charge for bags, then maybe people wouldn't be so wasteful with them
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I think it is good, everywhere should charge for bags, then maybe people wouldn't be so wasteful with them
    I nobel view, but also keep in mind most bags now are Bio-Degradable. Charging money for them is more of a cash grab then anything eals.

I still choose to not use plastic bags even when their free, because it's my choice all the same thow.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Chapter-Master

bio degradable or not, people still use far too many and it is good to try and cut down on that
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I'm bringing relevance to the people. You're welcome.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chaplain

I don't know what the big deal is...hell, my wife charges me to wash my underware.....she calls it a touching fee.......

It's the way of life now......"FREE" is meaningless

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast