BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

Well Technically there are 3 Human (or mostly) armies, Empire, Bretonnia and Warriors of Chaos.
    There are 2 abandoned armies, Dogs of War and Kislev.

Now you can use rules from other armies for Cathay, Ind, Araby, Nippon, Etc. I've seen Nippon army using Bretonnia's book for example.

There are a few fan-books out there for human armies, Pirates of Sartosa, Araby, Norse and others to use for fun games.

Sitting in Lonely Mountain swapping stories and recipes with Dain.

Don't forget that VC are mostly humans.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Yeah I remember the old Dogs of War armies and those were a little silly. My real problem with DoW was that they had no real coherency as a single army. Yes you could have painted them up in colors but at the end of the day, the entire army felt as if it was hodgepodge. I know that was kind of the idea, but I do feel that a bit of uniformity makes an army a proper army. Call me old fashioned. Oh, and some of the rules were silly broken

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by brominated View Post
    Yeah I remember the old Dogs of War armies and those were a little silly. My real problem with DoW was that they had no real coherency as a single army. Yes you could have painted them up in colors but at the end of the day, the entire army felt as if it was hodgepodge. I know that was kind of the idea, but I do feel that a bit of uniformity makes an army a proper army. Call me old fashioned. Oh, and some of the rules were silly broken
    That's why [URL="http://www.dogsofwaronline.com"]Dogs of War Online[/URL] has released the first play test of the Army Book they've been working on. The Hope is after a few rounds of play testing we can convince the Indy GT's to accept it like some are accepting the Indy Chaos Dwarfs book (Dwarfs of Chaos).

Sitting in Lonely Mountain swapping stories and recipes with Dain.

I was sitting in my local GW when it struck me that there was a serious lack of human representation in Warhammer fantasy. Out of the dozen armies, there are only two human factions in a world where humans are meant to be the most populous race (Skaven aside of course!) A few of the buddies of mine and I were considering that maybe adding an army of humans that use pikes and Crossbows like Spanish Squares in the late renaissance period. What about you guys? What do you think would make a nice addition to the Warhammer world?
    3, warriors of chaos are technically human. And the correct term is "Tercio"
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Grand Provost Marshal

Actually, the Dogs of War had plenty of coherency (at least in their 6th ed form) because you could buy generic units and paint them all up.

Regiments of Renown, however, were indeed quite hodge-podge. I don't know if any of their rules are what I'd call "broken", however. Most of the signature units (with the exception of, perhaps, Lost Legion, Republican Guard, and Voland's Venators) are significantly overpriced for what you get, especially compared to contemporary armies (much less those now existing).

I did like the Bird men, great models.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12