BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfDorn231 View Post
    See Horus should be closer. That drives me nuts when they do that.
    I disagree, Mortarion should be before Fulgrim

Librarian

Thanks TDA for the info.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

No worries!

@zerorunner - The Tartaros pattern Terminators are counted as regular Terminators.
    Last edited by Tzeentch's Dark Agent; 09-28-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Hi, just wondering if the points for the vehicles are the same as the 40k variety?
    Marines ive heard are 10pts each. That seems very cheap.
    Is this a seperate game to 40k or merely different pointed?
    Cheers.

Hmmm... Plays using 40k rules, pointing seems the same... I don't notice any differences, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Does anyone have any questiones?!
    What Mechanicum units are in the book, if any? There was some mention of robots...

No worries!

@zerorunner - The Tartaros pattern Terminators are counted as regular Terminators.
    Except Tartaros pattern Terminators can sweeping assault, unlike normal Terminators.

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    Hi, just wondering if the points for the vehicles are the same as the 40k variety?
    Marines ive heard are 10pts each. That seems very cheap.
    Is this a seperate game to 40k or merely different pointed?
    Cheers.
    Only additional Marines are 10 points each, and that's excluding if they take the upgrade for a CCW.

It's 150 points for the first 10 marines, who come with Bolter / Bolt Pistol, and don't have ATSKNF.

Instead, Legion Astartes (Legion Name) provides the universal bonus of being able to ATTEMPT to regroup regardless of casualties.

It does not prevent you from being caught in a sweeping advance for instance. You also don't operate as normal the turn you rally, instead you're taking snap shots etc. Imagine playing guard, without commissars or orders, but you're in power armor.

Frankly, at 15 points each for the initial 10 you feel really ripped off.

The book redeems itself when you take larger and larger squads, because only then do you start to get some "efficient" point costs in comparison to what you could do with generic Tactical Marines, let alone Grey Hunters.

Add to this that Tactical Squads cannot take special weapons of any kind and you begin to get an idea for the ups and downs of the book.

Granted, you can take support squads that have every model but the sergeant wielding (the same) special weapon (so hypothetically 9 plasmaguns, etc), but you pay 15 points per gun on 15 point marines which again makes it very inefficient, just slightly beneficial to have a meltahunter team etc that supports a tactical squad.

To be honest, the book is amazing (stunning in many ways), but the Legion list is incredibly underwhelming and gets stomped on by standard 40k codex lists with absolute ease.
    Last edited by XVRogue; 09-28-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XVRogue View Post
    Except Tartaros pattern Terminators can sweeping assault, unlike normal Terminators.
    I don't think so in the Heresy, I'll have to check.

@thingol, yes, there is a Mechanicum addendum at the back, including a Tech Priest.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I don't think so in the Heresy, I'll have to check.

@thingol, yes, there is a Mechanicum addendum at the back, including a Tech Priest.
    I could be wrong, but I noticed that under its description of being 2+/5++ it does not stipulate that models in it cannot sweeping advance.

Where as for Cataphractii it says 2+/4++, Slow and Purposeful and does specifically say they can't sweeping advance.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast