BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Personally, the dakka Predator (Autocannon and Heavy Bolters), always and forever. It's cheaper too.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

It is something of a bargain. I love AV13 in larger games. Sure it's not the best, but then it's immune to most weapons.

Drop in a Land Raider, and that Predator will most likely not be targeted, allowing it to reap a fearsome tally.

Plus, the Destructor Pattern is cheap enough to be taken en masse...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

If you simply must take a predator, I would suggest AC/hb for a few critical reasons. Firstly they do a good job at swatting light flyers, with plenty of mid strength shots to throw at range. They also do a great job of flooding units with wounds. Finally, can safely harass most objective grabbers, which is a huge issue now with most games being objective based.

However, I do think that other units do these jobs better. Dev squads are now much better with the way wound allocation works, and missile launchers can put the hurt on everything outside of apocalypse.

I´m facing BA´s regularly (i got the Eldar), and the dakka Predator is the most annoying it´s just the amount of shots and the T3
    combination which annihilates my guys if they are out of cover...

Chapter-Master

I'd like to chime in again to say that a game I had last night really shook my faith in autocannons. My army had a decent amount of strength 7 and 8 weaponry, and even with glancing-to-death, I found it almost impossible to crack enough of my opponent's vehicles to make a difference. I think that having that extra Strength 9, AP 2 kick might be a good idea.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards the Las/Dakka predator - or skipping the predator entirely for a hellfire dreadnought - which seems to combine the best of both worlds. I'll come back once I've had a chance to play with it.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

To be fair, my fondness for the dakka is based on being able to roll with Land Raider lascannon, a Razorback with twin-linked lascannon, lascannon Devastators... as the man said, it's all about filling gaps in your army.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

my 2 cents worth is dont mix and match what you want your predator doing its all well and good being able to pop one shot at tanks and 6 shots at infantry but then you are wasting shots whatever you are shooting at. so i play dark eldar and every model has a specific target and if there are no such targets then it is a subpar unit for that game however each unit shoots at a target and i know it is likely to kill what i want it to as that is its job it has been kitted out to kill that type of target.

a laspred with las sponsons does one thing very well it will kill heavy tanks reliably and even when there are no vehicles it is good to put a few shots through any heavy infantry there happens to be.

a dakkapred will turn any light vehicle to paste also any 4+ or worse save vanishes. or if you are playing dark eldar it will ruin all of the dark eldar but thats the way they are

so its a choice of what your list lacks and how you want to fill it ... marines are great in that they have lots of options for lots of roles so if you think the laspred is too expensive take a dakkepred and some mm attack bikes or landspeeders or anything else you happen to want that does the same job

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12