BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Best iPhone List App

I just got an iPhone (yay!) and I'm looking for a good way to carry lists with me that doesn't involve laboriously entering the list as a note. Can anyone recommend a good list-builder (or at least list-storer) app, or any other tricks for getting my list onto my iPhone? Bonus points for an app or trick that works for multiple games, since I play, at last count, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Warmachine, Hordes, Infinity, and Battlefleet Gothic. And I'm probably going to start Malifaux soon. And last night someone said some fascinating things about Quar...

Ok, I'm not likely to start Quar.

But the main question stands: what's the best way to store 40k (and other game) lists on an iPhone?
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    I just got an iPhone (yay!) and I'm looking for a good way to carry lists with me that doesn't involve laboriously entering the list as a note. Can anyone recommend a good list-builder (or at least list-storer) app, or any other tricks for getting my list onto my iPhone? Bonus points for an app or trick that works for multiple games, since I play, at last count, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Warmachine, Hordes, Infinity, and Battlefleet Gothic. And I'm probably going to start Malifaux soon. And last night someone said some fascinating things about Quar...

Ok, I'm not likely to start Quar.

But the main question stands: what's the best way to store 40k (and other game) lists on an iPhone?
    I have both BattleScribe Pro and Quartermaster on my iPhone and iPad, but they're both ultimately unsatisfying. I guess BattleScribe is okay if you've already built your list and just want to carry it around electronically. Though you'd have a paper copy for your opponent anyway, I'm sure.

I've heard rumours that Army Builder is being developed for IOS, so I'll stick to constructing my Army Lists on my laptop until that version is released.

Sorry that's not much help for you!

i would create one in an armybuilder clone and print it to pdf and dump that one on your phone.... worked for me :"D

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by olberon View Post
    i would create one in an armybuilder clone and print it to pdf and dump that one on your phone.... worked for me :"D
    Thanks - that's actually pretty easy. I can even do that by attaching the excel file I use for list-building. Easy as pie. Easy pie.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

If you build lists in spreadsheets anyway, you could create a Google doc of it, and access that on your phone.

Brother-Sergeant

I have used Quartermaster, and while definitely not perfect, I have found quite useful. Making the army templates can be quite a chore, but there is [url]www.qmtemplates.com[/url] that has 40k and whfb templates for it. I mainly just use it for throwing together quick army ideas and some quick reference when I'm on the go, it really isn't my list output method of choice, I often end up recreating most of the lists from QM in armybuilder if I decide that I'm going to actually play said list anyways.

I think you will be seeing an Army Builder for ipad (and I would assume iphone) in the next few months. They just released the Mac version of their software with that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by grayn View Post
    Good that you got your iPhone but also should not miss the [URL="http://jailbreakiphone4sing.com"]unlocking iPhone[/URL] issues that usually happen with the iPhones.
    Don't unlock it then ;-)