BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Looking very nice, well done

Battle-Brother

looks like its coming along swimmingly, are you gonna do anything to the black backdrop or leave it black?

Chaplain

nice work my man...this may not be what you're looking for, but consider drilling out the exhaust pipes...is the red of the main body the final red?
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by the drake View Post
    looks like its coming along swimmingly, are you gonna do anything to the black backdrop or leave it black?
    Yes, Actually, I was thinking of paiting some starts, not too many, but just a few to break up the black. I was going to give it one more wash to make it look more 'night sky' black. The stars will probably look more like nautical stars/ astrix than the traditional star. I am alo considering making the border on the edges more pronounced, possibly by painting the border yellow...

Quote Originally Posted by therealjohnny5 View Post
    nice work my man...this may not be what you're looking for, but consider drilling out the exhaust pipes...is the red of the main body the final red?
    I plan on drilling out the exhaust pipes as well as the Hvy Bolter. The red on the body has not even been touched, I will mosy likely do one more touch of Blood red and then begin highlighting it before I wash it clightly in Baal Red wash, just to blend the highlights.

On the side of each rhino I have a shield which includes the hearldry of each unit. I will begin working on that soon... I will post pics of it when I have them (Over the weekend probably)

Thanks for all the comments, it gives me a reason to keep going with it, lol

DUKE

Occuli Imperator

Oh, I also wanted to know what everyone thought of the Brass etching blood angels symbol on the hvy bolter casing, is it too much?

Duke

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Oh, I also wanted to know what everyone thought of the Brass etching blood angels symbol on the hvy bolter casing, is it too much?

Duke
    H-E-Double Hockey Sticks NO! it's freakin awesome. as you'll see in my project log, i love bronzes. the contrast of metals is something we don't see often enough i think. It's tasteful and awesome all at once. Was that a FW purchase or some uber secret technique...and i'm not going to lie to you. if the RG get a release like that i would consider it here and there on some of my Vehicles. nice. 10 more Nid Nails for you...hot pink this time...don't let melissa find out i gave you her nid nails...she may get angry..
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Occuli Imperator

cool, glad to hear you like it...

Melissa won't get mad about the nails... That is unless the nails actually turn out to be sister nails... Then she might get a little miffed, just a little though! lol

Duke

I think the Rback is awesome. I was wondering, though, is the checkered flag thing on the Rhino a way you mark units or something like that? It's a bold pattern that I thought detracted from the skull chalice mural.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Yes, Actually, I was thinking of paiting some starts, not too many, but just a few to break up the black. I was going to give it one more wash to make it look more 'night sky' black. The stars will probably look more like nautical stars/ astrix than the traditional star. I am alo considering making the border on the edges more pronounced, possibly by painting the border yellow...

DUKE
    I think that will work very well. as for a yellow border, my gut says that its not gonna work, that its gonna look a little too much like it was trying to be a gaudy baroque picture frame...but then again it could work and even possibly look quite dashing. i don't think that really helped much, but thats really my only fear for the yellow border

Librarian

By the breasts of Freya, those are awesome Duke. And I thought my "female outline you find on trucker's mudflaps" on the side of my Leman Russ Demolisher was good. Those just blow it out of the water.

Well done, sir.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast