BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Irritating adverts.

Yup. It's another rant. Brace yourselves.

It's advertisers this time. Just saw one for baby milk. Apparently, it's hard to come by Vitamin D. What absolute twaddle. It's in sunlight! We metabolise it from sunlight! Which is pretty damned plentiful.

I really hate it when they spew such utter rubbish. Like when skin creams boast some ridiculous ingredient. Worst I heard was 'botulox'. Then there's the 90% of women (based on the response of 132 women) say it left blah blah blah.

Or perhaps adverts for mascara, where the fine print down the bottom states the advert was filmed using false eyelashes. Hardly what I'd call a vote of confidence in your product.

Grrrr!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

I thought that when I saw that.

Another one that irritates me is the one for a CMax with it's 7 seats that can be arranged in an infinite number of positions, well not quite though, each seat can be in one of two positions, so simple maths says it is more like 128
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Yup. Unless they are counting the various degrees and positions between the extremes. Even then, it's clearly not infinite....unless you can fold them into other dimensions...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

They don't bother me. If people are dumb enough to fall for such twaddle, then I say let them waste their money. So long as the adverts aren't slanderous, offensive or telling outright lies, then let them get on with I say. Besides, if something is on any channel other than Auntie I never watch it live, I record and skip the adds.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Occuli Imperator

Now that would be a car that I would buy
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I don't pay any attention to ads, the exception being posters of luxury companies like Guerlain which can often be very pretty.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    It's in sunlight! We metabolise it from sunlight! Which is pretty damned plentiful.
    Had to pick the one sunny day this week to say it. Particular personal pet hates:
    The term 'Pro-vitamin'.
    'Clinically proven' (which means the company making it ran their own tests and paid the people doing it to come up with the right answer)
    'No Win, No Fee' and everything to do with it.
    Anything claiming to mbe made with '100% natural ingredients' (which is either bull, we've been genetically modifying since we started agriculture in, like, 7000 BC, or so blanket a statement it's silly. Anything that exists is a product of nature.)

I did spread a rumour though (false, but I'm impressed by how far it got) that in shampoo adverts the woman using it always had to have both hands on her head or in-frame when applying it because of the sounds they make, because it'd be considered indecent if they didn't (because of the ridiculously ecstatic sounds they always make doing it)
    I ALONE SHALL BEAR THE CAKE.

Iron Father

For me it's those adverts you see that claim you can get ripped and buff in 6 weeks just by using their products and using a model to prove it.
    Said model is usually actually quite fit anyway but jut carrying extra water, which is easily shed in a few weeks and has feck all to do with their product.
    Maybe it's because I'm jealous and never managed "ripped" but then never wanted to really.

Oh and don't get me started on Wonga.com, those adverts make me want I punch the tv.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 10-27-2012 at 05:02 AM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

adverts I hate:
    the baby milk advert that says breast milk is the best protection. what about car crashes? pretty sure a good car seat would provide better protection.
    the DKNY apple advert, the woman pulls an apple from the middle of the stack, causing it all to collapse, she doesn't pick them up, doesn't pay for the apple she takes, and just walks off with some bloke.
    Continental snow tyres ad, kids run out into the road with looking and smile smugly at the driver. run the f**kers over, that will teach them.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Continental snow tyres ad, kids run out into the road with looking and smile smugly at the driver. run the f**kers over, that will teach them.
    Yeah, that one annoys me to. I don't care what tyres he's using, in that speed on those conditions, he'd have run over the child before he even saw him. And even if he hadn't, the way he jumps on his brakes is going to send him into a skid.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast