BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: DA Rumours

Fly Lord

via Stickmonkey 11-12-2012
    HEAVY SUPPORT:

Predator - Plasma and "Reaper Cannon" new main gun option, no new sponson options - new model kit possible (and the Predator is kind of an old kit).

Whirlwind - Flakk missile option.

Land Raider - Dark Angels get all the current Imperial types. Deathwing can take then at dedicated transports.

Dreadnought - The classics that we know and love, moving on...

Devastator Squad - Flakk missile option.

Vindicator - Nothing new here...

Siege Cannon - Techmarine's mortar-like cannon. Multiple sources speak of this model being somehow interchangable with Imperial Guard artillery kits to round out the last missing models. ~Editor's note: the Griffon perhaps?

DEDICATED TRANSPORTS:

Rhino - Standard rules.

Razorback - Standard rules, new updated model kit with ALL turret weapons options mentioned.

Land Raider - Deathwing Terminators ONLY.

Land Speeder Storm - Scouts only.

Battle Bunker - from the Wall of Martyrs kit.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Fly Lord

Aslo, the Dark Angels have been noted as being heavy user and experts with plasma arms for several editions now - due them being the First Legion and possessing an impressive and ancient armoury.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Cannot wait for this.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Land Raider - Dark Angels get all the current Imperial types. Deathwing can take then at dedicated transports.
    My Grey Knight Terminators weep because they seem to be becoming the only terminator group in the whole game that cannot take LRs as dedicated

Iron Father

No drop pods ?
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    My Grey Knight Terminators weep because they seem to be becoming the only terminator group in the whole game that cannot take LRs as dedicated
    At least they can still take good land raiders, Chaos is stuck with the god relatively awful godhammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    No drop pods ?
    My thoughts exactly. I hope it's a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    No drop pods ?
    Possibly it was felt that with just taking away scouts from troops didn't balance out adding both Deathwing and Ravenwing squads so they took away the drop pods and the potential for drop pod deployment to balance it out a little more.

Given the chapter has two full rapid deployment companies beyond what a typical chapter had it could make sense thematically for drop pods to be a seldom used option. The mention that dreadnoughts get deathwing assault, would suggest that drop pod removal is quite a possibility as you would no longer need them to deep strike dreadnoughts. The new large flier option would also make a little more sense, as a former legion it would fit for them to have a large amount of drop ships to use further obviating the need for drop pods.

The army can't just end up as being regular space marines with a ton of extra stuff, they have to have some disadvantages relative to the normal C:SM chapters, maybe drop pod removal was considered a reasonable way to do that, though it would suck for anyone who has a lot of drop pods painted up.
    Last edited by Skalver; 11-15-2012 at 07:34 PM.

I'd be very surprised if they lost Drop Pods, after all, the Drop Pod has a Dark Angels logo as part of the kit.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    At least they can still take good land raiders, Chaos is stuck with the god relatively awful godhammer.
    Actually, the Godhammer is pretty good. For Grey Knights. I don't think Chaos could properly utilize it. But it does absolutely have a purpose, trust me, I played Daemonhunters and so I spent most of 5th ed with multiple Godhammers in almost every list.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast