BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is sounding more and more like those logic puzzles in puzzle magazines. (or is that GW's intention!?)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Chaplain

Gee I thought this would have been somewhere in the fluff from way back.
    Seems like it was never really spelt out. Would be interesting to know as it could have some bearing on alliances/friendships between Primachs.
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Brother-Sergeant

I can tell you that the Legions numbers definitely don't inidicate the order the Primarchs were found. In fact, the Legions were Legions before ANY of the Primarchs were re-discovered. Dark Angels/ First Legion were just that... The first Legion made with Primarch genetics. And it went from there. However, it's also true that Horus was the first found as well. The Emperor actually found Horus whilst he was still a child, and thus Horus grew up in his father's image, his first, and in terms of parenting, only son to be raised by The Emperor.
    One more thing... Alpharius WAS the last Primarch to be found, and aside from a short meeting, had virtually no contact with his father. Instead, Horus was more of a "father figure" to Alpharius-Omegon. It just so happens Alpha Legion is also the last of the First Founding Legions.

Occuli Imperator

I know that in the short story "After De'shea," Kharn talks about when the war dogs (later named the World Eaters) found Angaron. he lists some of the Legions that have already found their Primarchs. I don't have it in front of me but Im sure Peterbo and obvioulsy Horus had been found.... Can someone look?

Duke

Brother-Sergeant

Default Primarch's order

Horus was found first,because he was closest to Terra. They found the other primarch's as the legions move out on the great crusade. The info given seems that each legion had the DNA of its primarch and so far there is nothin on how each legion was numbered. When found each was in control of their respective planets or taking control?

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I know that in the short story "After De'shea," Kharn talks about when the war dogs (later named the World Eaters) found Angaron. he lists some of the Legions that have already found their Primarchs. I don't have it in front of me but Im sure Peterbo and obvioulsy Horus had been found.... Can someone look?

Duke
    The Salamanders and Iron Warriors are mentioned as having been reunited, so Vulkan and Perturabo. Perturabo is referred to as "one of the first we found".

EDIT: Kharn is talking about the War Hounds, Iron Warriors and Ultramarines travelling together when Perturabo was located, and makes no mention of Guilliman, so it's safe to assume that Perturabo was found before Guilliman.
    Last edited by Ka Faraq Gatri; 10-15-2009 at 09:54 AM.

Occuli Imperator

So based on that we know.

1. Horus
    2. Peturbo?
    3. Vulkan?
    4. Angaron?

20. Alpharius

What about the reading from the Angels books? is there any mention at the end of the first book as to other primarchs who were already found? Again, can someone look?

Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

What about the reading from the Angels books? is there any mention at the end of the first book as to other primarchs who were already found? Again, can someone look?

Duke
    I'm starting that soon, when I'm done with Fulgrim. If I don't get distracted (like those orks I'm supposed to have done by next weekend) I'll post something.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Occuli Imperator

Cool, thanks gwensdad, It just has been so long since I read that book that I have forgotten.

Duke

Brother-Sergeant

Default Primarch's order

In the novels (so far) it mentions only that Rogal Dorn ( Horus Rising) was 7th found,in several of the other novels Horus is always mentioned being the 1st found and the foremost among the Primarch's. His legion was the 16th. Listed in the Lexicanum and after looking again at the novels the most important thing mentioned about the Primarch's wasn't their numerical order at being found, but the intense rivalries between them. Alpharius is the last(20th) found. Those are the only ones that I've found to be listed numerically. The rest of the Primarch's were on their worlds from a few years to as many as 6o. Magnus the Red was with the Emperor when he found Lorgar.Most of the time it was the Emperor sensing the Primarch's and then making himself known to them and they swore fealty to him. Exceptions to this were that Vulkan, Ferrus and Leman Russ challenged the Emperor to contests. Angron was the only Primarch who refused to go with him. He had to be kidnapped and then given his legion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast