BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: My Wolves

Default My Wolves

These are the first models I painted for my new SW army - these don't use any of the new parts, as I was assembling them while I was waiting for my pre-order to ship. Instead, I went with some mounted marauder heads, and odd bits I had lying around.

I did a couple of long fangs, and repainted my Bjorn with a new scheme. I went with a very dark grey... I don't really like bright space marine armor, and I found that straight fenris grey was a little too blue.

Here is the LF squad leader (he has grey hair now , in this pic its still blond) , and a grey hunter:

C&C welcome! I have the new boxes and am working with them now... will have more to show soon!

And here are some sniper scouts I had. They were already assembled, and I didn't want to tear their heads off... so instead I am counting on mixing them with some wolf scouts with parts from the new sprue so that the unit as a whole will look in character.

And here is Bjorn... this is the old 2nd edition model... I dug into my box of old models and awakened him!:

Good stuff. I like the more dark grey look as well.

One question though,

Will the LF Leader be keeping that weapon loadout? I am seeing most people give him the special weapon now that he can carry one.
    "The Emperor is with us, His sacred light shields us, and he has sent his wolves to watch over us."

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaellars View Post
    Good stuff. I like the more dark grey look as well.

One question though,

Will the LF Leader be keeping that weapon loadout? I am seeing most people give him the special weapon now that he can carry one.
    Thanks!

As for the LF leader, the list I am currently working with is very tight, I wound up cutting his SW to save some points. However, I will probably experiment with giving him a plasma gun at some point, at which time I will either clip the bolter off, or repaint his shoulder pad to make him a GH, and sub in a new leader armed appropriately

Couple of updates:

This is my lone wolf, I painted his armor half red to symbolize the blood oath he has taken to die a glorious death in battle.

I tried to pose him as if he was levelling his spear and shouting a challenge to the enemy...

detail on his frost blade

This is Ulrik the Slayer... old model, but it still looks great.

i'm particularly happy with how the wolf cloak came out... I tried a little wet blending.

And here is a unit of skyclaws lead by a Wolf Guard Leader with a jump pack:

The Battle leader... I wanted him to look like Thor, since he is flying around with a big hammer

the unit all together:

And the individual troopers:

there's another wolf-helmed guy, but I am having troulbe uploading the pic for some reason.

Veteran-Sergeant

Those are great, really like the darker colourscheme. The skyclaw with the battleleader in particular stand out, very characterful unit!
    www.astronomican.com/forums _______________ hephsforge.blogspot.com