BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

from the amount of people I know who have had arguments... I think it's a good idea to continue to shun the site.
    That's the reason I don't go to pubs.

Quote Originally Posted by MaltonNecromancer View Post
    Is this not how people normally use Facebook?

Seriously, I've never understood the whole "We were mates at school, add me on Facebook!" thing. If I don't know you and speak to you on a regular basis, or we aren't once close friends separated by geographical distance, you aren't getting on my friends list. I also tend to have a yearly spring-cleaning of friends, unfriending the ones I've not spoken to in a year or so; seriously, what's the point in having them there? Any who complain... well, it's never happened yet, so it can't be a big deal.
    This! So much this!
    I regularly sweep my friends list, likes, etc etc for spammers and other annoyances.

I think Facebook is a great organisational and sharing tool, if I find a funny picture I can share it with those who want to see it.
    No one can view my account unless they are on my friends list, nor comment on any status that I post.

Facebook is like everything on the internet; use it wisely and it is a great resource. Use it incorrectly and you get what you deserve.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

the thing that gets me about facebook is as soon as you click 'like' on something interesting from a company, suddenly you get feeds about ALL their stuff. with no way to turn it off.

GW, I'm looking right AT YOU.

Occuli Imperator

You can "hide posts by ...."

But surely the issue is with the users and not facebook itself, I had one person who always made some comment on my posts so I defriended him. Lovely guy in real life but a complete knob when in charge of a computer.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I like to use it for ranting at an uncaring world.

Very cathartic, and prevent me losing my rag in the real world.

But yes. All that '1 like = 1 prayer'. NO IT DOESN'T! SOD OFF!

Oh. And text speak. I loathe it. If you wish to communicate with me, at least have the common decency to make at least a stab at proper grammar, spelling and punctuation, like what I do. Doesn't have to be perfect, but the second you start substituting numbers for letters, or dropping random vowels....I shall never talk to you again.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 12-17-2012 at 08:42 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Wat R d1s, Mystery?

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    If you wish to communicate with me, at least have the common decency to make at least a stab at proper grammar, spelling and punctuation, like what I do.
    I have de-friended someone before now because all of their statuses were badly spelt and had a "pinoneering" approach to grammar and in many cases were rendered unintelligible.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    If you wish to communicate with me, at least have the common decency to make at least a stab at proper grammar, spelling and punctuation, like what I do. Doesn't have to be perfect, but the second you start substituting numbers for letters, or dropping random vowels....I shall never talk to you again.
    The repetition of 'at least' is unnecessary here.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Hah...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    The repetition of 'at least' is unnecessary here.
    Thankfully I had the good sense to point out I'm not holding myself up as some paragon of grammar, just giving it my best.

Face is therefore saved!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast