Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eberk View Post
    yeah, whatever...

blah, blah, blah

who cares anyway

bye
    who is the troll now? le cirque mi le dirque... yawn

Quote Originally Posted by RexScarlet View Post
    Yes, a painting guide is a recipe, but "painting" IS part of the rules in the game, according to the BRB
    Back this up. I want the number of the page that says painting is a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by RexScarlet View Post
    BRB stands for what? Big RULE Book.
    That's a fan-given nickname.

Houghten, why are you rising to the bait? That people have the time in their lives to spend inventing pointless conundrums that have no bearing on life at all is quite sad really. Move on folks, nothing to see here.

[QUOTE=Houghten;272094]Back this up. I want the number of the page that says painting is a rule.QUOTE]

In BRB introduction; page xii "What you will need" "In addition to the Rulebook you are reading now..."

Not "just" a fan given nickname...The entire book is a rulebook...

Assembling and painting your figures in order to play WH40K (not the beginner game DV) is covered extensively in the BRB, which is a Rulebook in its entirety, as well as the Main Rulebook, as well as the first book released of which the DV miniRB comes from, as well as being supported by the GW FaQ, and the DV miniRB not being supported...

I do not feel time is being wasted, and again, this is a change of outlook on my part since the Hobbit dropped and both RB's are different, so it just got me thinking that both WH40K books are different...

Actually, BRB stands for the Big Red Book of 5th edition, just like BGB was the Big Grey Book of 4th edition. If anything, the 6th ed book is the BYB.

I also like how your "poll" answers don't really relate to the question posed, they just restate the two "different" versions of the game you purport exist distinctly from one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    pointless conundrums
    No paradox here, two comepletely different books. Just as WHFB 8e, and now for sure the Hobbit books...

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    I also like how your "poll" answers don't really relate to the question posed, they just restate the two "different" versions of the game you purport exist distinctly from one another.
    They are both rulebooks, my use of an abbr is my choice how to abbr; Big RB, DV mini RB easy distinction in my original post.

My point is that one is the Main RB (the big one) and all the chapters therein are part of the main game as a whole.

The other (the mini one that comes in the beginner starter box DV) is a different form of the main game, or can be used as a reference book for the main game, but is not a tome. (something like that)

My poll is a trick, and meant to be funny, either you agree OR you agree... Bravo to you to be the first to mention it!

My thought came about when the Hobbits two different rulebooks dropped at the same time, which was a first...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Not everything in the rulebook is a rule.

Therefore, I do not accept page XII as a valid reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Not everything in the rulebook is a rule.

Therefore, I do not accept page XII as a valid reference.
    If the book IS a Rulebook, then the entire book, not just chapters you choose, are rules. (as I said before, you can choose to play however you choose, but that is not playing by ALL the rules.)

In the BRB there are many places that gaming and hobby are in the same sentence pg 305, pg 306.

So if you are just using the miniRB, yep, you are playing the beginners game of DV.

And if you are leaving out any rules and playing pew-pew, that is fine, but you are still not playing WH40K, you are playing sandlot baseball...

I don't understand what misshapen mental processes can drive you to even try to believe that.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast