BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzybubela View Post
    It was released in November. It was never in Treacheries of the Space Marines to my knowledge. I assume you're thinking of Shadows of Treachery where some of the characters were in The Crimson Fist which was a novella in Shadows of treachery.

I remember reading a story where the weapon was named the 'Angel Exterminatus'. It was some giant pylon on a Mechanicus asteroid.
    Is it a stand alone story then?

Also, I would to see a timeline of how the Ultramarines stories interlace with the Iron Warriors.

Librarian

Can't help you there as I don't have any of the Ultramarines novels.
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

Having not read the Iron Warriors books I cant say but I know Honsou is on Medrengard and Captain Uriel Ventris is on his death oath in Dead sky black sun which is the last of the book in 1st Ultra Omnibus. Then I am sure it is the last book of the 2nd Omnibus that Honsou and Ventris face off again. Honsou coming off worse. I don't want to give it away unless you want to read the books. (I will look tonight when I am not in work for the name of the book)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmehmaca View Post
    Having not read the Iron Warriors books I cant say but I know Honsou is on Medrengard and Captain Uriel Ventris is on his death oath in Dead sky black sun which is the last of the book in 1st Ultra Omnibus. Then I am sure it is the last book of the 2nd Omnibus that Honsou and Ventris face off again. Honsou coming off worse. I don't want to give it away unless you want to read the books. (I will look tonight when I am not in work for the name of the book)

No, i definitely do not want spoilers........actually, maybe I do, as the disjointedness of these stories is becoming infuriatingly frustrating.
    basically, I just want to know that this will all make sense, because since I'm reading the Iron Warriors Omni first, everything seems discontinuous and haphazard, with no explanations within the story.

******************SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS****************************************** ************************************************** ****************************

For example: How Honsou got the enigmatic silver arm from Ventris (and why would an Ultramarine be using alien tech in his arm????)
    How Honsou got the bionic implant to replace his eye. When did he originally meet up with the Red Corsairs and take on the ex-Wolf Brother, ex-White Consul, and ex-Raven Guard? How did the Raven Guard get captured prior to "The Iron Without"? Where did the Newborn come from? What happened to the Newborn and Grendel at the end of "The Iron Without" because the next story, "The Beast of Calth" makes no mention of them. For that matter, what was it Honsou went to steal during "The Iron Without".
    When/how did Honsou lose Gholan-han (or however you spell it), his fortress on Medrengard. Is Honsou even allowed back to Medrengard, or is Honsou now a Red Corsair himself?

What happened to Trooper Hawke at the end of 'Storm of Iron'. Will wee ever see him again?

And finally, (I know I've already asked a lot), but a recap of Angel Exterminatus, and in which book I can find the story.

Thanks!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Jmaximum View Post
    No, i definitely do not want spoilers........actually, maybe I do, as the disjointedness of these stories is becoming infuriatingly frustrating.
    basically, I just want to know that this will all make sense, because since I'm reading the Iron Warriors Omni first, everything seems discontinuous and haphazard, with no explanations within the story.

******************SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS****************************************** ************************************************** ****************************

For example: How Honsou got the enigmatic silver arm from Ventris (and why would an Ultramarine be using alien tech in his arm????)
    How Honsou got the bionic implant to replace his eye. When did he originally meet up with the Red Corsairs and take on the ex-Wolf Brother, ex-White Consul, and ex-Raven Guard? How did the Raven Guard get captured prior to "The Iron Without"? Where did the Newborn come from? What happened to the Newborn and Grendel at the end of "The Iron Without" because the next story, "The Beast of Calth" makes no mention of them. For that matter, what was it Honsou went to steal during "The Iron Without".
    When/how did Honsou lose Gholan-han (or however you spell it), his fortress on Medrengard. Is Honsou even allowed back to Medrengard, or is Honsou now a Red Corsair himself?

What happened to Trooper Hawke at the end of 'Storm of Iron'. Will wee ever see him again?

And finally, (I know I've already asked a lot), but a recap of Angel Exterminatus, and in which book I can find the story.

Thanks!
    Trooper Hawke is in Priests of Mars and I think Grendel is killed by Honsou in The Beast of Calth.
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmaximum View Post

Thanks!
    ******* Spoilers**************************************
    The arm was not from Ventris but from Sgt Pasanius the arm got tainted by choas. Pasanius lost an arm before the death oath and some of the corruption fronm the blade that cut him was in his system and found its way into the arm. when they were on Medrengard doing they death oath Honsou removed Pasanius's bionic arm

Honsou got his bionic eye cos Ventris shot him in the head (I think it was Ventris I cant remember but someone shot him)
    The ex loyalist marines and the new born are all described in Dead sky black sun.

The new born was killed in Chapter's Due

If any thing is wrong sorry its been a while since I read the Ultras books

That is all I know hope that helps a little

Quote Originally Posted by jimmehmaca View Post
    The arm was not from Ventris but from Sgt Pasanius the arm got tainted by choas. Pasanius lost an arm before the death oath and some of the corruption fronm the blade that cut him was in his system and found its way into the arm. when they were on Medrengard doing they death oath Honsou removed Pasanius's bionic arm

Honsou got his bionic eye cos Ventris shot him in the head (I think it was Ventris I cant remember but someone shot him)
    The ex loyalist marines and the new born are all described in Dead sky black sun.

The new born was killed in Chapter's Due

If any thing is wrong sorry its been a while since I read the Ultras books

That is all I know hope that helps a little

It helps immensely, as now I know it will be explained.

Thank you very much!

Would still like the sources for Angel Exterminatus and Priests of Mars please.

Calm down
    Angel exterm is actually a Nobel and is set long long ago in the Horus heresy - many if the iron warriors featured in storm of iron are shown in their early life with foreshadowing of their future paths
    Honsou doesn't appear but we get clues to where the geneseed used to make him a marine came from and so why he is called halfbreed
    You really need to read the ultarine books as Honshu features from 3rd book onwards and obv if you want to know who these ultramarines are you need to know what's happened to them
    Grendel died cos he gave up maintains his melta and it cooked him - this is in the iron warrior novella where we see how Honshu took the space station
    Pasanius was injured by a metal space god and a bit of its metal got in the wound then took over his bionic
    Wasn't it ventris who had the bionic? He gets shot by the unborn but the friendly magus fixes him a v nice new one
    Priest of mars - basically hawke can't cope with what happened so he ended up a drunk and appears as a support character in the book tbh I didn't like the way he was regressed and it just seemed like the author needed a sneaky character and thought oh what about recycling hawke
    Last edited by mjasghar; 01-18-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12