BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
    You cannot do this. You either use *all* codex powers, or swap them *all* for rulebook powers. Not mix and matching.
    Yep, checked it myself now, don´t know what my friend was smoking on tuesday. Well, we tried one game like so and it actually made no difference. Bummer, that the powers are still "old school"...

yeah I hope eldar get a new book soon. GW really really doesnt want to sell wave serpents with these rules

I actually played a wave serpent once and someone asked me what it was because they had never seen one before.

Quote Originally Posted by Forlornhope15 View Post

I actually played a wave serpent once and someone asked me what it was because they had never seen one before.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Slacker, I agree with that except with with respect to blessings. What the FAQ is saying is that blessings don't have to be cast at the start of the movement phase (i.e., before you move any units); they have to be cast at the start of the model's movement phase. If I move a unit of rangers, I can't then cast Doom because it is no longer the start of my turn. However, I can move a unit of rangers and then cast a blessing. How else are we to make sense of page 67 and the FAQ?
    The FAQ says that they occur simultaneously with reserve and outflank rolls which happen at the start of your movement phase, not during the movement phase whenever you decide to move your psyker. The reference to 'the psykers movement phase' would merely be a reference that they are not cast during your opponents movement phase. Of the actions listed in the FAQ statement that happen simultaneously, none of those things involve actually moving models.

I reiterate, once you start actually moving models, it isn't the start of the movement phase anymore, and you would no longer be able to cast blessings.
    Richard | Co-Host: Preferred Enemies Podcast | www.preferredenemies.com

Librarian

The models movement phase is the first moment that models become eligible to move, after psychic powers and reserve rolls have been made. It is then the PLAYER who chooses what moves first. Lets assume you take Eldrad and a farseer. Eldrad has Rulebook powers, the standard farseer has codex powers.

1: At the start of your turn, you roll reserves/outflanking/other "start of the movement phase" powers. Reserves/outflank roll dice for arrival, but do not actually come onto the board.
    2: At some point during the previous step, or immediately after all other "beginning of the movement phase" powers have been used, you may choose to cast Eldrad's Rulebook powers.
    3: After Rulebook powers, the Farseer may cast Codex powers. This is the first time that any models are allowed to activate in the movement phase and move around, the start of the models' movement phase. Anything else that starts at the start of a "model's movement phase" activates now in the order you choose.
    4: Models move onto the board if they successfully arrived from reserves.
    5: From this point forward, models may move as normal, movement phase continues until ended as normal.
    Last edited by thecactusman17; 02-10-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Ok i just started playing Eldar and I am unable to find where it says that the Eldar codex powers are considered blessings. The person that runs our FLGS said that if it is not defined i can cast the power anytime in my movement phase. I want to play correctly but I am not really finding anything that supports either side.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Slacker, I agree with that except with with respect to blessings. What the FAQ is saying is that blessings don't have to be cast at the start of the movement phase (i.e., before you move any units); they have to be cast at the start of the model's movement phase. If I move a unit of rangers, I can't then cast Doom because it is no longer the start of my turn. However, I can move a unit of rangers and then cast a blessing. How else are we to make sense of page 67 and the FAQ?
    surely a 'model' - ie farseer... in a vehicle hasnt moved ... if the vehicle arrives from reserve ... unless or until 'the farseer' is about to ... disembark... ignoring the metaphysics... and reality... within the context of the rules ...troops in vehicles that are moving ... are stationary ?

and in BRB .. there is a whole blurb about how psychic powers work in vehicles ... why bother to FAQ it out of existence within 3 months... unless that is an admission that playtesting was ... {words deleted}....

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by obsidianIV View Post
    Ok i just started playing Eldar and I am unable to find where it says that the Eldar codex powers are considered blessings. The person that runs our FLGS said that if it is not defined i can cast the power anytime in my movement phase. I want to play correctly but I am not really finding anything that supports either side.
    You are right. The rules for Eldar spells are different from the rules for spells in the BRB. Follow that it says on page 28 of C: Eldar. The catch is that all Eldar spells must be cast at the beginning of the turn unless it says otherwise.

Librarian

Since reserve rolls happen before any models are moved, and blessings happen at this stage...then Blessings MUST happen before any models are moved.
    None of the Codex: Eldar powers are blessings and with the exception of the shooting attacks must be done at the start of your turn (so even before rolling for reserves).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12