BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Lol yes she does, I'm just glad she said I'm allowed to buy something (I'm 27 but still respect what she says )
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Chaplain

This happens to me alot... its like my hobby muse is bipolar! I go on a hobby mad streak and then I burn out. I have increased creativity streaks and then I dont want to touch my paint brush until my next creative high.

I jump projects so often. My Tyranid muse got fired up again because of an upcoming mega battle. I finally got my second Tervigon done, and she has been sitting on my to do shelf for almost a year! Now I swore to myself I will never paint another one of those again... dear lord why did I have to pick a scheme that has alot of white it in it lmao. It was a process of paint, procrastinate, paint, procrastinate, finish the damn thing already and paint till I never want to touch white again.

Before that I was working on some Daemon stuff, then the Dark Vengance box came out and the new Chaos Marine codex shortly after... and that made me want to start a Chaos Marine army haha.

And then the new Chaos Daemon book is around the corner and omg, tell my brain to shut up I gotta get my Tyranids ready to eat face!

Chaplain

My biggest issue is distance at the moment, plus my love for my primary army SoB is rapidly becoming stale, mostly because I can't bring myself to finish painting them or lack of enthusiasm to use the same list over and over again. I briefly brought myself out of the cave to eyeball a GW store and make a purchase of the Guard book and a battalion box, sadly my girlfriend had to drag me (almost) back to pick up a few paints and it slightly rekindled interest but the staff were strangely distant. I got the feeling I didn't buy enough for them to give me much attention but that could be paranoia, I'm hoping to get into the game again once I finish making up my mind about what I want in my Guard army, I'm planning for an Infantry company and been staring at that book for a month now wracking my brain.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

think some of you boyz need a playmate...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mcturk View Post
    think some of you boyz need a playmate...
    ...or a GF

Just a little update, i bought a box of Space Wolves and im currently enjoying painting them
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Have the boys over for a Build n' Paint night. I host every two weeks, on my wife's Knit Night; we throw together a one-pot of some kind (chili and cornbread this time) they bring beer and snax/sides/extras. This last week, we did Build n' Paint rather than game. Got more done in one night than in quite a few others, and still energized, because I want to have my Tetras ready for the next Game Night.

By the way: IMHO, Budweiser Black Crown is dishwater fit only for cooking with. Which is what's going to happen with the rest of it. Baltika #4 is pretty good.

I always have my up's and down's with my Hobby - been on a bit of a down slope lately with the lack of funds and working on the blog - looking forward to my next purchase of some Imperial Fists to expand on my collection; I always love painting those yellow *******s.
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/- Check us out today and improve your game.
    BoLS Alliance Elite Member.

ive always been a yo-yo painter that see's paintbrush activity during autumn and winter, but as soon as the extra sun and daylight hours turn up i'm out mountain biking most days or walking the dog. Ive become fortunate enough to move into a line of work that sees me working in remote locations overseas for 4-8 weeks at a time with not a lot to do to pass the time. My DKOK army will finally be finished this year as i can bring 20-30 models with me and beast through them with no distractions!

Chapter-Master

I don't really experience slow-downs... I just switch to a different game. 40k bores me? Fantasy. Fantasy bores me? Battlefleet Gothic. Games Workshop's entire aesthetic starts to annoy me? Warmachine or Hordes. And I've got Infinity, Malifaux, and I want to start Dropzone Commander, too. I never lose interest in hobbying, because I've got lots of options.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

I always find this happens when I have too many different projects on the go... Sell off/give away some unpainted stuff and the urge to paint what's left always quickly returns!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast