BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: Daemons Rumours

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by KrewL RaiN View Post
    From what I understand, its just units with the Daemon rule. So Warptalons, Possessed, Obliterators and Mutilators would be effected. Are Avatars from the Eldar book classified as Daemons too? Trying to think of what other books have Daemons... Dark Eldar has those Daemony things too.

And I take a peek at the book and Marks are effected by the angry gods attacks too.
    It is: each unengaged friendly unit containing one or more daemons of XXXXXXXXXX (or models with the mark of XXXXXXXXX) and each unengaged enemy unit, on the battlefield.

This means you could have a herald attached to an unaligned unit of Chaos Space Marines and the whole unit would be hit, just as long as there was a single model that was a daemon of the chaos power, or it had the mark of that chaos power. this means that you would have to roll for Abaddon and his bodyguard unit every time a 5,6 8 or 9 was rolled.

The only ally you can take that has Daemons is Dark Eldar, who are Allies of Desperation. You can not join your ICs onto their units or have your units joined by their ICs. Since AoD are enemies who can not be attacked by you or have blast markers placed over them by you, and they are not friendly models, they can not be affected by the 5,6, 8 and 9 rolls unless a blast marker deviates onto them. It also specifies daemons of a specific Chaos power, or models with the mark of that chaos power. Dark Eldar do not have Chaos marks.
    Last edited by Daemonette666; 03-05-2013 at 03:55 AM.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Chapter-Master

The Chaos Daemons FAQ for the previous codex has only just disappeared. I expect it to pop up by this weekend.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Oh I am well aware of that fact, but still, +2 cover with re-rolls is pretty ridiculous.
    My pathfinders have been enjoying this for years.

One heavy flamer ruins their day badly.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    My pathfinders have been enjoying this for years.

One heavy flamer ruins their day badly.
    Yep. And heavy flamers are the new black.

Chapter-Master

At least Horrors get a +5 invulnerable save
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    The Chaos Daemons FAQ for the previous codex has only just disappeared. I expect it to pop up by this weekend.
    I called the US office yesterday and the UK office this morning, the people that I talked to that no idea about any rules questions.
    HERO's Gaming Blog

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonette666 View Post
    This means you could have a herald attached to an unaligned unit of Chaos Space Marines.
    No you can't.

Chapter-Master

NO you can't as Gir said. Demons can only join someone with the demon rule. So they're limited to about 5-6 units outside of the deamon book.

The other factor is going to be the Instability Rule. It say models without instability can't join units with, but it doesn't say units with it can't join demonic units without it
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

Poor Abaddon. He's going to get hit with all the angry gods attacks lol. He's the only being who has all 4 gods on his side, yet they will throw all their crap at him if he's in a warpstorm :O

Quote Originally Posted by KrewL RaiN View Post
    Poor Abaddon. He's going to get hit with all the angry gods attacks lol. He's the only being who has all 4 gods on his side, yet they will throw all their crap at him if he's in a warpstorm :O
    Yep. This was apparently not considered by them.

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast