BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Swarmlord vs. Sanguinary Gaurd

Hi guys. This has been an ongoing project that I finally have presentable. I really was only doing like 30 minutes a week for several months, and he had plenty of time just sitting around. This is the first time I've experimented with some wet-blending (on the Bone Sabres) and it seems to have come out well! I probably need to do some additional work on the base, and maybe another round of highlighting, but at least I think it can be seen by critical eyes now

Chaplain

I was hoping to make it more dynamic but didn't trust myself reposing his arms very much. Small amount of green-stuff work: the neck socket needed to be built up to allow his head to look up at the flying angel, I used the tail from the flying-HT base which required a little trimming at the far end, and shaving down to try and make it stick on the skinnier torso.

The guard has minor reposing, and some battle damage to the wings. The aspect that I am least happy with is how the Glaive Encarmine came out. I may end up completely redoing it if I can get a good concept.

Sorry for the lame photography, I just could not get enough light on him!

Brother-Sergeant

Really cool, love the look. One question, what's up with the guy's sword? I assume the Swarmlord just chopped it in half right?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Calgar33 View Post
    Really cool, love the look. One question, what's up with the guy's sword? I assume the Swarmlord just chopped it in half right?
    Yeah... I was hoping to not even draw attention to it. The idea was that it would be exploding following a clash, and the swarmlord's sabre would be trailing smoke etc. My first time sculpting smoke-type effects, and it didn't really turn out well. I may scrap it altogether. =P

Brother-Sergeant

Hey, it's a good first attempt, awesome idea, next time will turn out better.