BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

I haven't seen anything nearly as bad as what you guys do, though I do know some of the types that take cheesy spam armies against new players.

The most cheesy army list I came up against was from a tournament player, but he was a good man and hardly a WAAC player. He had an incredibly deadly Grey Knights army that no-one could deal with, though he was up front about it and was very open to people that he would likely win. In essence, a highly competitive player, but a nice person. Those kinds of people don't bother me whatsoever.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Phototoxin View Post
    Also your post count is 6,666 which is cool
    Should have done something special for it :/
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Though it is funny when you see someone get their comeuppance.

Best I saw was against a Beastman player. Guy was a total pain to play. Argued *everything*. Rolled his dice and scooped them up, somehow in the same motion. Seriously. You knew they'd been rolled, you heard it, but no chance of seeing what the results were. Rules lawyered, and generally a pretty obnoxious opponent. And god help you if you were winning. Girly strops the order of the day.

And one day, a fellow gamer had had enough of the rules being bent into odd interpretations, but only to suit one side, and pulled off a hilarious, and utterly rules legal moved. Declared a Terror causing charge, even though the 6" Dwarven charge range was oh....36" or so out of range.... Checked the rules...... Yep. That's one Terror test. One Terror test promptly failed and the deathstar unit legged it off the board.

Oh beardy goon player, why you so sad?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Most WAAC army I played was an epidemius list with ork allies, and when I say ork allies I mean a naked big mek and grots.

Deployed at the back, behind an aegis, first turn Epi drops down and fails to kill any grots! My first turn my 2 DK's with heavy incinerators and personal teleporters rush forward and wipe out the grots... First blood plus 2 kill points

At the start of 6th my local GW played a 500 point mini tournament, a GK player was there with a rhino bought to transport his assassin (Oh I thought you could buy them on their own), and of course he was using the +1 for psykers assassin (I forget the name), and counting psyker henchmen as +1 shot per model instead of unit(so yes, shot me with a 10+ shot str 5 ap 2 weapon), I played the game his rules, and still managed to beat him (play the mission, was relic), but had a very sour taste in my mouth after that game.

Try to beat this one guys:

I once had a guy measure his forearm and then placed it around the table to "get a better look" at guess-ranging his Stonethrowers (WHFB).
    HERO's Gaming Blog

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    We had a WAAC player who didn't hide the fact that he looked to exploit holes in the rules. He was also a bit of a bully and most players just backed down rather than escalate the arguing (cause most of us were mature!).

Our store had a Spearhead tourney with no Super Heavies allowed. Well he showed up with a shadowsword and complained so much that they allowed it.
    A lot of new players showed up for the event. This guy didn't have the rules for the Shadowsword and talked his opponents into a 'no terrain' table!
    I wasn't going to attend, but the TO called me up and invited me to show up with my Cobra II tank to take him down.

I did just that! I put a mountain the center of the table, his Shadow sword got 1 shot off (that missed) and he didn't score a single Kill Point on me!
    He was also playing Vendetta's with as having Fire Points, until I pointed out they didn't have them!

My next 2 opponents forfieted just so I would win!

Unfortunately, the WAAC player went and bit#$ed to the store manager and bullied him into giving him a new GW box (which is what 1st place was).
    Fortunately he doesn't come around anymore...though he tells people it's because no one could beat him and he was bored. HA!

Unfortunately I have to say that the problem was the staff. If someone's unwilling to play by the tournament rules, especially with a reputation like that, the staff quite seriously cannot be allowed to acquiesce to this guy. The guy sounds a lot like this guy that we had at my store, but he moved out of town.

Honestly the guy sounds like a waste of space, but they weren't at all the problem with that tournament day, you should have had a real talk with the staff to stop them from indulging a child.

Fortunately my staff (and veteran players) are all effin Giants so I don't have to worry about that at my flgs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12