BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    ...and they are in rapid fire range for any of your models, those models get to fire 2 snap shots...
    I'm a pedant. I can't help it. So here goes... there's no such thing as 'rapid fire range'. Rapid Fire is a weapon type that has specific abilities, which include firing multiple shots at half range or less. But firing those multiple shots isn't 'rapid firing'.

I guess you could say whenever you shoot a Rapid Fire weapon you are are within 'rapid fire range' of the particular weapon you're 'rapid firing', but it's incorrect to restrict it to shots under half range specifically.

It's not just Demonus I'm singling out here btw, it happens A LOT on 40k forums.

Again, I apologise for my pedantic nature, please feel free to give me a stiff ignoring.

Peace.

The same thing bothers me, actually. I would prefer it if people said "half range," but at least the convention is widespread enough that its clear what people mean.

Sorry. We say Rapid Fire range, and know what is meant by it. You can change it to half range if it makes you feel better

Rapid Fire Range means to be within half your weapons maximum range. Therefore, it is absolutely accurate in 6th Edition.

Now, 3rd, 4th and 5th, yes you'd have an issue!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

If shooting 2 shots rather than 1 isn't rapid firing then what is it?

Rapid fire is firing rapidly and the range at which you can accurately fire rapidly is the Rapid Fire range?

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    If shooting 2 shots rather than 1 isn't rapid firing then what is it?

Rapid fire is firing rapidly and the range at which you can accurately fire rapidly is the Rapid Fire range?
    Well to put things simply....

12" range fire twice.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Well to put things simply....

12" range fire twice.
    Or simpler still, "Rapid Fire Range fire twice" because it isn't 12" any more. Hotshot Lasgun is 9 and Tau Pulse Rifle is 15"

Veteran-Sergeant

I know that all of the regular shooting rules apply (with exceptions such as wall of death) when firing overwatch but if a model with a flamer is at the rear of its' unit, with its' own models covering all angles of flamer template positioning, when the unit is assaulted from the front, can you fire wall of death?

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Justice View Post
    I know that all of the regular shooting rules apply (with exceptions such as wall of death) when firing overwatch but if a model with a flamer is at the rear of its' unit, with its' own models covering all angles of flamer template positioning, when the unit is assaulted from the front, can you fire wall of death?
    It appears so to me. The restriction on flamers firing from the rear is just a consequence of the template placement rules, and Wall of Death seems to tell us not to place the template at all. Perhaps in the increased confusion that 6th edition is convinced precedes close combat the flamer-armed models find small gaps in the ranks to fire through.

Veteran-Sergeant

That would be my inclination too, since the template is not used.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast