BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If only....

If only my Tyranid Prime could ride down to the planet's surface with the Tyranid Warriors in a Mycetic Spore... seriously! Why can't I do this?!
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Iron Father

If only Necron Overlords didn't have Mind Shackle Scarabs. Seriously I play crons and love em, but I have to admit for the points this option is broken.

If only we had a model of a tech marine on bike with Beamer.

If only Grey knight Terminators had Storm shields lol
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

If only other Eldar players would appreciate their codex like little Joe does at GW Shrewsbury.

If only Aun'shi would come back.

If only we could get Power Weapons on Crisis Suits.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Oh heavens, no. Totally not keeping with who they are, excepting Farsight's Magnificent 7, of course.

Now if Black Templars didn't have to pay for their grenades and our Sword Brethren came with Terminator Honours like the other marine Codices do.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Oh heavens, no. Totally not keeping with who they are, excepting Farsight's Magnificent 7, of course.
    Eh... tactical sergeants can be kitted up for close combat, right? Tactical marines are a shooty unit. I don't see any reason not to put a power weapon on a crisis suit. It's kind of like putting a bow tie on a poop, but it would be a) neat to look at and b) make some opponents question charging them at some times. The fact that if the question is "charge the Tau?" the answer is almost always "yes!" is a problem. It makes the game tactically flat.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

If only I could strap power weapons on drones... so they could actually do something in melee other than meep and bump around.

Oh, and if only my full-on AI drones could shoot better than the average ork.

And while I'm on the subject, if only drones were not vulnerable to poison - dam' pesky bio-organic processor arrays...

OH! Oh! One more - if only the Tau, the shootiest army in the game, had even one real sniper. The UltraMarines have one... Guess the Greater Good doesn't allow for competitive shooting matches between cadres...?

And for lagniappe... if only we had a formal ruleset for Gue'vasa...
    Last edited by LordGrise; 04-02-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Eh... tactical sergeants can be kitted up for close combat, right? Tactical marines are a shooty unit. I don't see any reason not to put a power weapon on a crisis suit. It's kind of like putting a bow tie on a poop, but it would be a) neat to look at and b) make some opponents question charging them at some times. The fact that if the question is "charge the Tau?" the answer is almost always "yes!" is a problem. It makes the game tactically flat.
    I wouldn't disagree that it would be effective, it's just not in the nature of the unit. Tactical Sergeants are EXPECTED to be carrying some close combat gear, but Tau consider melee combat to be a failure. It would be like Khorne Berzerkers attacking with chocolate hearts and daisies.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    The fact that if the question is "charge the Tau?" the answer is almost always "yes!" is a problem. It makes the game tactically flat.
    I think Overwatch and the Tau's new capabilities with it might sort that out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    I think Overwatch and the Tau's new capabilities with it might sort that out ?
    Hopefully!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Occuli Imperator

If only, I could paint :'( (or find the motivation to do so)
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast