BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Eldar Wraithlord

Hi!

Just got one and trying to get it painted for saturdays games. I assembled it with Brightlance (i know, expensive, but only BS4 AV14 popper in my list) and two flamers plus the sword. I think this is the nicest option for my lists. What do people generally go for?

Chapter-Master

Well...they say a picture says a thousand words

I has a lot. I really like WLords and hope they don't get screwed in the next dex. Bright lances are good, I use Lances with Missile Launchers to get more bang for buck.

Cheapy with a cannon and a sword to run at the enemy is also a good option
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

I applaud your taste, my friend. I've always loved the plastic Wraithlord sculpt. I own 2, and I don't even play Eldar. Nice paint, too.

Love the third one on the right, good job!How many Warlocks/seers do you run

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Licens View Post
    I applaud your taste, my friend. I've always loved the plastic Wraithlord sculpt. I own 2, and I don't even play Eldar. Nice paint, too.
    Here's my currently WL loadout. I find the sword is a no-brainer at its cost and it gives the army needed AP2 @ I4 - doesn't hurt that its Str 10 either and the re-rolling to hit helps big time with only 2 base attacks.

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Vyper View Post
    Love the third one on the right, good job!How many Warlocks/seers do you run
    Usually only the one....but I own 7 Farseers and 15 Warlocks

Seeing these kind of models always make me happy, but then i look my own "paint job" and be like, "Dude, you really cant paint"

Sword is a must, i agree, plus it looks cool, i also like the fact that he has BS4. My plan is to have him in cover, with a cheap Farseer boosting him and if (when, gonna face BA/GK...jump units anyone?) the need arrives, taking care of the backyard...i hope that i´m gonna get a chance to go one on one with a Dreadknight (although, i´m pretty sure of the outcome...)
    Last edited by Lost Vyper; 04-04-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Vyper View Post
    Seeing these kind of models always make me happy, but then i look my own "paint job" and be like, "Dude, you really cant paint"

Sword is a must, i agree, plus it looks cool, i also like the fact that he has BS4. My plan is to have him in cover, with a cheap Farseer boosting him and if (when, gonna face BA/GK...jump units anyone?) the need arrives, taking care of the backyard...i hope that i´m gonna get a chance to go one on one with a Dreadknight (although, i´m pretty sure of the outcome...)
    I'll indulge in a little wishlisting here, but I really hope that in our new codex, we'll be able to pull off a WL with dual swords just because I really want an excuse to model it.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

I'd just like to see Wraithlords get more than 2 measly attacks. I'll even take a reduction in S for it. I'd like to see them becoming the equivilent of a Dreadknight (2+ Armour, an invuln)

Realistically I see them becoming lower toughness and Strength, but more attacks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    I'd just like to see Wraithlords get more than 2 measly attacks. I'll even take a reduction in S for it. I'd like to see them becoming the equivilent of a Dreadknight (2+ Armour, an invuln)

Realistically I see them becoming lower toughness and Strength, but more attacks
    Really, the sword with 2 attacks, combined with the fact that he's a character makes him pretty damn formidable.

An inv save would be nice but I doubt its going to happen.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast