BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Purifier squad

Default Purifier squad

For the cleansing flame rule, do you roll one d6 and on a 4+ all enemy models suffer a wound, or do I roll a d6 for each model?

I've always done a d6 for each model, though looking at the rule I can see how somebody might read it the other way.

We play it one D6 for each enemy model.

Yes, kill entire units - or multiple units - on a single d6 roll before you even swing your force swords. That's not broken or anything.

Per model.

Although I do think it is quite broken, the rule states ALL enemy models suffer one wound on A ROLL of 4+. I am new to GK and it seems everyone that has replied is rolling per model which may be better anyhow. Atleast I will more than likely hit some rather than none. Yea to free wounds!!!

Here is a quick example:
    If you think of Castellan Crowe:

Crowes close combat attacks Rends on a 4+
    Its been FAQed that cleansing flame is close combat attack
    -> Crowe cleansing flame is rending
    (This is generally acknowledged to be the case, although even GK players find it a bit over powered. Note though that aside from taking purifiers as troops, its considered to be the only good thing about Crowe..)

Conclusion:
    If it was only 1D6 from Cleansing Flame, it would mean that on a roll of 4+, every single model without multiple wounds or invulnerable save would be killed.. Now thats op

50/50 change to lose 30 orks
    50/50 change to lose 50+ guardsmen
    50/50 change to lose 20 Chaos Space Marines (if the max squad size is 20???)

With a single 4+ roll..