BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tau questions

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wenrun View Post
    According to the FAQ "If a flyer zooms it has a combat speed of 18" and a cruising speed of up to 36"".
    Then that answers your question. Gotta be moving at Combat Speed.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

According to the FAQ "If a flyer zooms it has a combat speed of 18" and a cruising speed of up to 36"".
    That's true. But the flyer is still only penalized if it moves less than 18". So the bomber can move its minimum speed of 18" and the interceptor drones can still shoot at their full BS in either mode. Otherwise, they'd need to detach.

OK. Thanks for the help. I was on the fence about which I prefer, the Razor or the Sun Shark. This kinda tips the scale for me if the drones will pretty much be firing snap shots if attached.

Chapter-Master

OK. Thanks for the help. I was on the fence about which I prefer, the Razor or the Sun Shark. This kinda tips the scale for me if the drones will pretty much be firing snap shots if attached.
    The thing is that more often than not, you'll just detach the drones. Since they have Skyfire anyway, there's no reason not to, and they can turbo-boost like jet-bikes to keep up with their mommy if protecting it from other flyers (thanks, Interceptor!) is an issue.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

although, detaching them makes the drones easier targets.

Librarian

I should double check my typing when I ask a question. What I meant to say was. Tau unit A is being charged by CSM unit A with 3 supporting units B, C and D. Tau player elects to use Tau A and Tau B to overwatch shoot at CSM A, hoping they do not make it into Close combat, and see where the nearby CSM units B, and C decide to charge. CSM unit A gets a failed charge, and the Chaos Player declares a charge at TAua unit A with CSM B Unit. Can the Tau Units C and D fire Overwatch at them? That is basically what I meant to say. I forgot to put in the word "Not", as in did not get into close combat.

I think they do get to fire supporting fire anyway. I also think that with so many Tau units having Defensive grenades and support fire special rule, you may as well multiple charge the whole Tau front line, and tie them up in close combat.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Yes, absolutely. I'm not sure why anybody might think differently.

The Tau Codex was updated today with its first FAQ:

FAQs
    Q: Can I take three of the same (not Twin-linked) weapons on my
    Crisis suit? (p100)
    A: Yes.
    It goes on to give an example, but this (to me) is a fairly clear answer to the question of whether or not we can take multiples of the same weapon - without twinlinking - on a Crisis suit.

Pretty cool - I still think doubles of any single weapon takes away the tactical flexibility of the crisis suit though.
    Matt Kibbe
    So forever in the future, Shall I battle as of yore,
    Dying to be born a fighter, But to die again, once more.

Chapter-Master

I agree, but now you can seriously do some interesting things.
    For example:
    2 Crisis Suits Velocity Trackers, 2 Missile Pods. Shas'Vre with Multi-spectrum/Command Node and flamer. Commander w/ 2 Missile Pods, Velocity Tracker, Early Warning System.

That's 12 missile shots that gain the bonuses from Command Node and Multi-Spectrum. The Commander, with BS5 can get off 4 shots as an interceptor, too.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456