BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I recently sold my Deathwing, because in todays objective base game (if you play by rule book, then 5/6 missions are objective based) The game is won/lost on deployment. Your muscle is also your only scoring units. So a good opponent places objectives out in the open, in full view of his big guns. You cannot go can smash the opponents army and have time to get to the objective. The only mission Deathwing really excelled in for me, was Victory Points(Kill Points) and that was mainly due to how few points I had to give up.

Here is my updated list. It is composed of nine units: Belial, a big unit of Knights, a squad of scout snipers, three units of THSS termies led by Sgts with Lightning Claws, three units of Rapiers. Since there are nine units I can put up to five units in reserve (half rounded up). There is an ADL with a quad gun. The list is meant to be a beat stick. Belial and the Knights will come in on the 1st turn and the Assault Termies will come in via reserves following him. That's the idea, anyway...

Total Roster Cost: 1848

HQ: Belial (1#, 190 pts)
    1 Belial, 190 pts

Elite: Deathwing Knights (10#, 475 pts)
    9 Deathwing Knights, 475 pts = 9 * 46 (base cost 46) + Perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven 10 + Knight Master 51

Troops: Deathwing Terminator Squad (5#, 265 pts)
    4 Deathwing Terminator Squad, 265 pts = 4 * 44 (base cost 44) + Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x4 20 + Cyclone Missile Launcher x1 25 + Deathwing Terminator Sergeant 44

4 Deathwing Terminator Squad, 265 pts = 4 * 44 (base cost 44) + Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x4 20 + Cyclone Missile Launcher x1 25 + Deathwing Terminator Sergeant 44

: Aegis Defence Lines (2#, 100 pts)
    1 Aegis Defence Lines, 50 pts
    1 Gun Emplacement, 50 pts = (base cost 0 + Quad-gun 50)

Heavy Support: Space Marine Rapier Carrier Battery (3#, 60 pts)
    1 Space Marine Rapier Carrier Battery, 60 pts

Troops: Scout Squad (9#, 108 pts)
    8 Scout Squad, 96 pts = 8 * 12
    1 Sergeant, 12 pts

Composition Report:
    HQ: 1 (1 - 2)
    Elite: 1 (0 - 3)
    Troops: 4 (2 - 6)
    Fast: 0 (0 - 3)
    Heavy: 3 (0 - 3)
    Fort: 1 (0 - 1)
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Default My List Revised Yet Again

Here is my latest revision. It has Belial with a ten man unit of Knights. They come in on turn 1. There is one shooty Deathwing squad (with a Plasma Cannon) and two THSS Deathwing squads (those have Cyclones). All three squads are led by THSS Sergeants. They will all Deep Strik in on turns 2 and after (following Belial's teleport homer).

There is a ten man unit of Scout Snipers and three units of Rapiers. They can hide behind and AGL with a Quad Gun. The Scout Sergeant can man the Quad Gun. All of the Termies can start in reserve.
    Total Roster Cost: 1845

HQ: Belial (1#, 190 pts)
    1 Belial, 190 pts

Elite: Deathwing Knights (10#, 475 pts)
    9 Deathwing Knights, 475 pts = 9 * 46 (base cost 46) + Perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven 10 + Knight Master 51

Troops: Deathwing Terminator Squad (5#, 240 pts)
    4 Deathwing Terminator Squad, 235 pts = 4 * 44 (base cost 44) + Plasma Cannon x1 15 + Deathwing Terminator Sergeant 49
    1 Deathwing Terminator Sergeant, 5 pts + Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield 5

4 Deathwing Terminator Squad, 260 pts = 4 * 44 (base cost 44) + Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x3 15 + Cyclone Missile Launcher x1 25 + Deathwing Terminator Sergeant 49

4 Deathwing Terminator Squad, 260 pts = 4 * 44 (base cost 44) + Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x3 15 + Cyclone Missile Launcher x1 25 + Deathwing Terminator Sergeant 49

Troops: Scout Squad (10#, 130 pts)
    9 Scout Squad, 108 pts = 9 * 12
    1 Sergeant, 22 pts = (base cost 12 + Upgrade to Veteran Sergeant 10)

: Aegis Defence Lines (2#, 100 pts)
    1 Aegis Defence Lines, 50 pts
    1 Gun Emplacement, 50 pts = (base cost 0 + Quad-gun 50)

Thanks! Cope
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

I still think you are fixated on the theme and have too many Terminators, but then again... it IS a Deathwing force. This is better than you started with a few more options. I just keep rolling over in my head whether or not I think a Bastion might be better for you.

I'm worried that Bastions are deathtraps for troops...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    I'm worried that Bastions are deathtraps for troops...
    They are Deathtraps for certain kinds of troops. But as long as you have a good armor save you should be fine. I don't think I would ever put IG in one. Either way, the Aegis does it job against everything except those things which ignore cover.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12