BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Other people have stated it over and over again for you Ted. If they had intended for Vector Strike (for any model that can do it) to sacrifice a shooting attack to use the ability, they would have said so in the universal rule. It would say "instead" or it would direclty say, "may sacrifice the use of one of its shooting attacks" and so on. Your logic does not track. No amount of wanting it to be true is going to make your argument hold up because it cannot be proven valid in the inverse or across other examples.

I know it sucks to say, "I was wrong." You, me, and Fonzi don't like it. Fonzi and I still can choke it out. You don't even have to go that far. If you can't bring yourself to say the words, just let the matter drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    And where does it say Vector Striking replaces a specific weapon?

Oh that's right it doesn't. Because if it did, according to your own interpretation, a FMC with no ranged weapon could not, ipso facto, vector strike.
    It doesn't, and I've never said it does. Would you please try to keep your argument to things that have been said instead of making stuff up.

And as for your FMC comment; you don't need a ranged weapon to VS(it's not 'sacrifice a shooting attack to perform a VS'), it's perform a VS and then in the shooting phase one of your weapon's(if you have any) "counts as" having been fired(that's "counts as" not 'has', there's a difference).

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    Other people have stated it over and over again for you Ted. If they had intended for Vector Strike (for any model that can do it) to sacrifice a shooting attack to use the ability, they would have said so in the universal rule. It would say "instead" or it would direclty say, "may sacrifice the use of one of its shooting attacks" and so on. Your logic does not track. No amount of wanting it to be true is going to make your argument hold up because it cannot be proven valid in the inverse or across other examples.

I know it sucks to say, "I was wrong." You, me, and Fonzi don't like it. Fonzi and I still can choke it out. You don't even have to go that far. If you can't bring yourself to say the words, just let the matter drop.

You're right. If I can't make you read the rule on page 80, what's the point of talking to any of you? Go back to your ignorance and blind obedience...

“Don’t just teach your children to read…
    Teach them to question what they read.
    Teach them to question everything.”

― George Carlin

I like how you're attemtping to make sweeping philosophical statements unironically in conjunction with a rules dispute about a game with toy soldiers.

Something tells me if you were as clever as you think you are you'd have a talk show or something to do this on.

At least a podcast.

Maybe like a bimonthly pamphlet you mail to family and friends?
    Last edited by Power Klawz; 05-15-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ted1138 View Post
    Is that what passes for a rebuttal in your neck of the woods?
    It works for me - this picture is similar to the picture I have of you from your posts.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Really, guys? There are other 40K rules forums you can post in if all you want to do is insult people you think are making bad arguments, then insult those people for thinking you are making bad arguments, then insult those people for insulting you ...

Some of the folks slinging insults in this thread weren't around the last time the mods had to yell at people for turning the rules forum into kiddie hour, but some of you were. Take it somewhere else.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ted1138 View Post
    Only if you have four weapons, "Zooming Flyers can fire up to four of their weapons using their full ballistic skill if they have moved at either combat speed or cruising speed that turn", it doesn't say 'Zooming Flyers can fire four weapons, using their full ballistic skill if they have moved at either combat speed or cruising speed that turn', as most people seem to be reading it...
    There is nothing in the rules that states that the Vector Strike replaces a weapon. For all intents and purposes, it is an additional weapon.

Not to mention, it is an additional weapon, that is fired in the shooting phase, rolled for in the movement phase.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Really, guys? There are other 40K rules forums you can post in if all you want to do is insult people you think are making bad arguments, then insult those people for thinking you are making bad arguments, then insult those people for insulting you ...

Some of the folks slinging insults in this thread weren't around the last time the mods had to yell at people for turning the rules forum into kiddie hour, but some of you were. Take it somewhere else.
    I don't think we are gunna break 200!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

This thread needs to die. Everything that's relevant to the actual rules have been discussed, all that's left is a vain attempt to educate apparent illiterates, and that seems to be a lost cause.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post

Yeah, really....
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast