BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 115 of 300 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2994
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    All looks good to me, definitely tempted to go back to my first army and do the Wraith army I always wanted. Not sure how i could get rid of the legs and make them look good as floating things though.
    floating dead warriors? why not Necrons (Destroyers to be precise)? :P

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    I think its going to be a MC.

I hope its going to be a MC

Please dear god let it be a MC

And i severly doubt it'll be a superheavy.
    If it isn't a super heavy, surely it has to be a monstrous creature. It would be silly if it is a regular walker given it is the same size as a Warhound Titan and is (clever GW) a Knight Titan.
    All we can do is hope...

On those rules from Dakka Dakka, the Wraithknight does seem to have some insane firepower. The Suncannons are ludicrously good, each firing three S6 AP2 small blasts - and it can have two of them! I would assume the Wraithlances are two or three shots each at S8/9 AP2/1 (no blast obviously though). Then you add in the pair of shoulder mounted scatter lasers/starcannons/etc....wow, it seems like the Riptide will be feeling the heat.

Of course, if it can take four weapons, unless it has some special rule that overrides the two-weapon limit it is most probably a walker....
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 05-21-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'm so thrilled that eldar now have what is the largest standard 40k unit in the game. Now give us a codex that restores the power level of the army to what it should be and eldar players should be able to stop b!tching for the first time in seven years.
    I'm hearing that the WK is indeed a MC - and that Wraithcannons are Str 8 now.

Also those WG/WB models are making my Eldar bits feel funny :P
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 05-21-2013 at 09:40 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    floating dead warriors? why not Necrons (Destroyers to be precise)? :P
    The Eldar things are thinner and look like I can make them more abstract (and so actually alien looking) using the parts.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post

That sounds right; I hope it is true! Again though, it can have four ranged weapons; if it is a monstrous creature (by far the best outcome IMO for survivability) then either it will be hamstrung somewhat by taking additional ranged weapons over its two shoulder-mounted ones or it has a special rule clarifying it can fire all of them.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post

Same here. S8 wraithcannons is a "nerf", in that it technically makes them weaker (wonder if they're ap2), but they still wound almost anything on a 2.

It definitely decreases their AV, but that would be required if their range was increased.

Their range Defenestratus, their range! anything on that?

Prelimary review time:

Wraithknight: Love it. Absolutely love it. It's big, its eldar, it's gorgeous and imposing. I love the sword, I love the two cannon option. I think it is one of the finest kits GW have released in years.

Wraithguard/Wraithblades: I've never been the biggest fan of the wraithguard, I felt the models looked too slow and cumbersome even for what are supposed to be slow and cumbersome troops by eldar standards. They needed an update. What they got was a superbly executed plastic revamp. The new weapon options is lovely even if not radically different looking and the Wraithblades are amazing. Very intimidating.

Hemlock Wraithfighter/Nightshade Bomber: I love the fighter, it looks so sleek and hunter-like. Also vaguely duck like I admit, I like ducks. The bomber is very sturdy and scary looking. Very elegant flyers, perhaps not as outstanding as the FW Phoenix but better than the Nightwing. I do think the Razorwing may still be in first place on my list.

Illic Wossname: Very impressive.

Spiritseer: Ah. Well. Very nice, nothing outstanding. Slightly disappointed really, it's not quite as outlandish as the old ghosthelm Farseer model but not as imposing as the new plastic Farseer.

Plastic Farseer: Very nice, but in my opinion a missed opportunity. A plastic copy of an existing Farseer basically, when we could have had something different. Like a female Farseer.

A fantastic release, eclipsing in my estimation even the Vampire Counts release and equalling the Dark Eldar release in quality if not quantity.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Unless it subsribes to the War Walker curse, and 2 of the same are twinlinked!

Or maybe it'll have a PotMS style thing where the pilot fires some, and the wraith fires some....

Argh! I need rules! I cna't wait another week and a half
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    snip
    Need more rules, really. But, we won't get those until the codex hits, because all we get from the WD is interpretations of the battle rep.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    That sounds right; I hope it is true! Again though, it can have four ranged weapons; if it is a monstrous creature (by far the best outcome IMO for survivability) then either it will be hamstrung somewhat by taking additional ranged weapons over its two shoulder-mounted ones or it has a special rule clarifying it can fire all of them.
    good point you make there... hadn't considered it from that point of view... I could imagine the living pilot controlling the main guns/arms with shoulder mounted guns being fired by his dead sibling/co-pilot - maybe at reduced BS? maybe BS2, like for Tau drones or the old Machine Spirits? that would also give the fluff about the two pilots some rules relevance...