BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Bike Boxs

Man, it would be disappointing if the new Eldar Jetbike box are the same old models. Guess I'll just stick with my overpriced Vyper squadron if that's the case.

Seems like its just going to be repackaging. The 5 avengers for the price of 10 thing is mind boggling however. I had high hopes it'd be some kind of dual aspect kit but there doesn't seem to be enough buzz to substantiate that.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Sadly, the Dire Avengers box consists of two identical sprues with 5 DA and exarch bits on each. So it wouldn't cost more to split the box. This is a stupid move, I hope DA rules are considerably buffed to make them worthy of elite unit pricing. Still It isn't like I need more DA and there should be plenty of ten man DA boxes floating around on eBay and so forth for a while for new players. Really mean move from GW though.
    I have enough guardians to bit them up as DA if they are really that good. But hopefully the wraitguard will be able to be used as troops for a reasonable cost and I can (like every other eldar fan boy/girl/TDA here) a wraith army and be done with it.
    "I play Eldar, why? Does GW make any other good armies?"

Brother-Sergeant

I really don't want to be that guy, but I have to say I'm kinda disappointed with how this release is shaping up. I really wish guardians, bikes, and warlocks got some love; I just got this feeling like GW is dropping the ball. Granted, I am completely stoked with the wraithguard and the flyer. I guess, I am holding out hope that I haven't seen all of the release and GW is gonna pull a "Gotcha!".

All of the 6th edition releases have been centered on completely new units. There have been a few classic units that have received new models of course, but the first wave of everything has basically been composed of flyers, new big things and maybe a few new unique unit types or redone classic units here and there.

I hope we see some second waves in the next few years to revamp outdated sculpts.

Looking at the upcoming Eldar release it seems pretty small compared to all the other 6th edition releases thus far. If whats been posted is the end all be all of this release they're not getting much. Not including characters this has been what each 6th ed. army has had at release. Divided into BIG THINGS, Airplanez and Doodz

Dark Angels

BIG THINGS
    Ravenwing Darkshroud

Airplanez
    Nepilim/Dark Talon dual kit

Doodz
    Ravenwing/Black Knights dual kit
    Black Knight Command Squad
    Deathwing Terminators/Knights dual kit
    Deathwing command squad

Chaos Space Marines

BIG THINGS
    Forgefiend/Maulerfiend dual kit
    Helbrute (kinda sorta maybe I guess)

Airplanez
    Heldrake

Doodz
    Warp Talons/Raptors dual kit
    Mutilators
    Cultists

Chaos Daemons

BIG THINGS
    Tzeentch chariots
    Khorne chariots
    Slaanesh chariots

Airplanez
    NOPE

Doodz
    Plague Drones

Tau

BIG THINGS
    Riptide

Airplanez
    Sun/razorshark dual kit

Doodz
    Broadsides
    Pathfinders

Eldar

BIG THINGS
    Wraith Knight

Airplanez
    Whatever those new flyers are

Doodz
    Wraith guard

Honestly I'd say there's got to be at least one more new thing in the pipe for Eldar that we just don't know about. That new thing is probably actually an old thing with a new model of course, but I'm still crossing my fingers that the 5 man Avengers pack is more than what we think it is.
    Last edited by Power Klawz; 05-22-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12