BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 137 of 300 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2994

Can anyone "confirm" the range of shuri weapons ??? There was this accident with the fleshbane and shred, which was the only information we have got regarding them, but after it went sillent. This is to be or nit to be dor the guardians, will they continue to suck ??

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    No normally I smother it in plasma.

couple of times I've enfeeble smashed it with a tervigon (thats always funny)

The dreadknight is good for it points, if only for its mobility and the pressure it puts on a line from early on.
    Good, because people who think bolters are the best way to kill MC's are... silly. Plasma is just about the best way to go, and with a mere 5++ and 4 wounds it doesn't take many plasma, melta, and lascannon shots to take down a Dreadknight. You're right, it does good damage when it jumps somewhere inconvenient for your opponent, but it usually dies, and any 250-300pt unit that dies that quickly is a little too fragile.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachar View Post
    Can anyone "confirm" the range of shuri weapons ??? There was this accident with the fleshbane and shred, which was the only information we have got regarding them, but after it went sillent. This is to be or nit to be dor the guardians, will they continue to suck ??
    There is no information on shuriken weapons in the WD apparently.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

unfortunatelly yes, since I have one and there is no reliable source to tell us about this. I fear that GW may not change them in order to force players to buy jetbikes, new wraithguards as a troops ...

Brother-Sergeant

Then why bother to cut the size of an avengers box?

Chapter-Master

Because money.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Battle-Brother

I do not know if this is intentional or not (probably a mistake ...) but in France we have already received the email for preorders Eldar but with inactive links to their site. And the Wraithknight seems really really tall...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m3240014a_EldarNewsletter_FRE.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	4111
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m3240021a_EldarLTDEDNNewsletter_FRE.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	4110  

Nice, thanks for posting that tleilax.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Ok, it's a period of relative quite once again, and it's hard to resist the urge to write up a summary of impressions and thoughts of what we already know

For some reason I feel that the Wraithknight situation is already settled. On the one hand, most people here seem to have agreed that the model is good (or at least acceptable) even if insanely huge. On the other hand, we already have a rough idea of it's killing power and its point cost, and it seems to have been confirmed that it's a MC, which gives us a (very) rough idea of its likely durability. And I, personally, have a feeling those three factors (killing power, durability and point cost) would be roughly balanced - at least balanced enough for the unit to be usable. Compared to Riptide, I'd expect WK (if it's indeed a MC) to have more firepower and to be somewhat tougher (something along the lines of T7/T8 and W5/W6) - which should justify its greater cost (rumoured at ~300 pts vs ~220 of a tooled Riptide).
    Of course, when the actual codex comes out, we may still find some ridiculous detail that would ruin the whole thing - like WK having just 3+ armour or only being W4 (with the 3+ armour bit being particularly likely), but... let's just hope it's not the case

However, with practically all other new releases the situation is very unclear, and that's where waiting aleady starts getting on my nerves That's because ALL of those would be made or broken by their point cost...
    For example, Wraithguard/Wraithblades - amazingly cool models for sure, but if they keep their current point cost (and I have an alarming feeling that it's very likely) they would be marginally useful at best. That is, unless they get some huge general boost, like getting 2+ armour or becoming W2. Which also seems not very likely, because if it were the case, it would've been mentioned somehow in that WD batrep.

Same for those flyers - models look cool, rules sound promicing, but how much does that cost...? Especially the Exarch upgrade on the fighter. Fluff-wise it sounds insanely cool and very refreshing compared to standard foot-slogging aspects, BUT - what if it costs the same or more than, for instance, the Longstrike tau ace pilot? Then it just won't be worth the points.

Oh well... I know we just have to wait and see. It's just that the wait is getting soo hard

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by tleilax View Post
    I do not know if this is intentional or not (probably a mistake ...) but in France we have already received the email for preorders Eldar but with inactive links to their site. And the Wraithknight seems really really tall...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m3240014a_EldarNewsletter_FRE.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	4111
    would you be so kind as to give us (especially me^^) an idea of euro pricing? pwetty please?