BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I'm planning on trying to scratchbuild a Wraithknight. Shouldn't cost more than some greenstuff, a sheet of plasticard, and a couple toothbrushes. The only real question is if I can make it look good. If I can, Wraithknight spam.
    Craft world "Colgate" ? We will require pictures you know
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    But think to the future skip.....

Eldar are getting the average number of releases for a Codex release. This includes the essential flier and bigshinytoy, and an existing unit, previously prohibitively expensive plastificated.

But we also see the new...the Appendex (look that's what I'm calling them and it bloody well will catch on OK?). You want plastic Aspect Warriors? I suspect that might be held back for say...the Biel Tan Appendex, as a secondary wave at some unknown point in the future (please note this is speculation and not rumour!). Quite possibly once the other books are out.

Though to give credit to Eldar players, I think the DE, GK and Necron releases did skew kit number expectations. It's easy to forget all three of those were essentially 'ground up' redos of the armies in question.
    Oh I get it, but really how far into the future should I expect to look? I mean most of the models in my collection are older than some of the guys I play with now. I have bought everything new that has just about ever been produced for the Eldar, but as more and more kits become beautiful multi part plastics and i'm still stuck with mono poses I kinda get disheartened.

I mean the more I think about it the more i will probably replace my wraith guard because the multi part plastic is infinitely more convertible so that's 60 of the jokers i'll be getting (59 I will use because one of my old wraithguard is special and I will never get rid of it) Its just the vast majority of the rest of my army is still stuck in 1994 (avengers not withstanding). Its not that the new sculpts arent beautiful, they really are, its just whats the point of upgrading the models to get more of the same.

I hope we do get more waves with new Appendex (i'll help it catch on) but still after 20 years i've been waiting for plastics more delay just seems mean

I prefer to have my old metal Eldar.

1. They are metal

2. Sure they are in one piece, which means not having to spend 30 minutes of putting it together.

3. They are not Finecast Resin

4. They costs less than the price of two Wraithknights.

5. That means I don't have to pay for the current overpriced GW stuff.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Craft world "Colgate" ? We will require pictures you know
    Google scratchbuilt eldar titan and you should be able to find an example. Toothbrushes have nice smooth eldarlike curves.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

I must admit I was a bit underwhelmed at the amount of new stuff the Eldar got and the lack of new jet bikes is annoying but that didn't stop me from buying a few hundred pounds worth of stuff so in that respect GW have done their job I think.

First-Captain

I've just gone for the codex and the sniper. I might get a wraithkniht down the line but for me, this release was all about the jetbikes. I really wanted new ones like the model that was at games day a few years ago. It's only a small point i know and i'm not one for whining but gw would have had so much of my money with that jetbike sculpt.

I, for one, had an Eldargasm. They were my first army, about (dear god) 15 years ago now. I still have some of the old Guardians with lasguns in a drawer somewhere.

I'm gonna get the codex and begin drawing plans. I need a Wraithknight in my life.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234