BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 227 of 300 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2994

Sadly it is also confirmed that Banshees no longer have grenades and that the Banshee masks works on the turn they charge only which would be fine if they still negated cover or negated overwatch. But they don't, so they are terrible.

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Fresh from Warseer via Minsc: Acrobatic adds 3" to run distance. With fleet and battle focus that is very fast.

Much of that high S fire that kills your marines easily IDs eldar, so we still have it worse.
    I'll defer that your characters have it worse. Instant Death doesn't matter to anything that isn't multi-wound.

Yes it does. S6 Ap3 will still give T4 a shot at surviving, S6 AP3 kills any eldar instantly multi-wound or not.

Heavy weapons much cheaper accross all units, particularly war walkers and vypers. Big plus.
    Last edited by eldargal; 05-29-2013 at 08:52 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Yes it does. S6 Ap3 will still give T4 a shot at surviving, S6 AP3 kills any eldar instantly multi-wound or not.
    My T4 characters usually end up dieing from S6 AP3 anyway No-one likes Heldrakes.

I haven't even seen the heavy weapon costs, though I expected them to be a lot cheaper. Good stuff!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

My understanding is that Ghosthelm remains the same, however, if you still fail you can then expend a warp charge to save the wound if you have one left.

I think I'll write to GW and ask them to errata grenades back to Banshees. It won't achieve anything but at least I tried. Really quite upset that after five years of dwindling usefulness instead of being revamped Banshees are even worse.

Veteran-Sergeant

Well this all sounds very depressing, I knew there was a reason I didn't read this thread.

Chapter-Master

If you can't assault out of it then it has limited utility, the fact that other armies have the same problem is irrelevant, it's not their codex. Yes they will be useful for delivering Fire Dragons to enemy armour and shuttling Dire Avengers about. Woohoo.
    And yet we complain when we don't get every toy in the box?

Its part of a game - we're not always going to be able to get access to what it is that we want. Did it ever occur to you that an assault wave serpent would be pretty broken actually when you take into account all of its available upgrades?
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

D-Scythes carried by Wraithguard are indeed AP2 If Illic really does Infiltrate with anyone.....oh dear.
    Banshee Masks on Autarchs will be fun, especially because they cost very little - join him up with Striking Scorpions or Wraithblades (ironically) and watch the carnage.

Oh, and Warp Spiders; Jetpack Infantry with Battle Focus and Warp Jump Generators.
    That means (mind you, their guns are good too);

Move 6" + 2D6".
    Shoot.
    Run D6" (re-rollable).
    Assault move 2D6".

Howling Banshees do seem to have one good delivery option; Illic, or perhaps Karandras. Of course, surviving the first shooting phase will suck. At least with Illic, if there is good cover available, either set up in it or as close to the enemy as possible while staying out of sight.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 05-29-2013 at 09:09 AM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    And yet we complain when we don't get every toy in the box?

Its part of a game - we're not always going to be able to get access to what it is that we want. Did it ever occur to you that an assault wave serpent would be pretty broken actually when you take into account all of its available upgrades?
    Yes I did, which is why I said I would happily trade the serpent field for assault vehicle and a boost to its save.