BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 228 of 300 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2994

All I can say (as a CSM player) is that no matter how reasonable your comments, they are just going to call you whiners if you voice them. It isn't fair, but then again... life rarely is fair. I will say that Disarm looks like the big "up yours" to all the other Monstrous Creatures (particularly Chaos Daemons) who rely on nifty stuff. I don't like the notion of probably not getting my Black Mace in that fight.

Chaos Space Marine players can't say anything at all negative about any unit in their book without getting lambasted as whiners.

Chapter-Master

Shining Spears are 3+ armoured Jetbikes with Skilled Rider and a gun that is referred to as "haywire lance" (no idea if it functions as before), and the Exarch can take a S8 AP2 lance gun that is also S8 AP2 in melee
    Which is all the way they are now.

They're just cheaper and can get in a bigger squad - which is all I wanted from the spears.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

I think people have to forget the way that banshees used to work. They are no longer front line assault troops. Those are now harlequins, Wraithblades, Shining Spears and to some extent, Scorpions. Banshees should only really be considered a potent counter-assault element to a shooty list.

We need to learn to play more like Tau that can't shoot instead of Eldar that can assault.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    All I can say (as a CSM player) is that no matter how reasonable your comments, they are just going to call you whiners if you voice them. It isn't fair, but then again... life rarely is fair. I will say that Disarm looks like the big "up yours" to all the other Monstrous Creatures (particularly Chaos Daemons) who rely on nifty stuff. I don't like the notion of probably not getting my Black Mace in that fight.

Chaos Space Marine players can't say anything at all negative about any unit in their book without getting lambasted as whiners.
    Particularly on the Avatar of Khaine....that now has Fleet. I can tell you one thing, if my regular Eldar opponents use the Avatar, I won't be sending my Daemon Prince anywhere near them, Black Mace/Axe of Blind Fury or not......
    That thing is scary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Which is all the way they are now.

They're just cheaper and can get in a bigger squad - which is all I wanted from the spears.
    Yeah, wasn't too sure. Still, 10 points cheaper each. Woo!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Particularly on the Avatar of Khaine....that now has Fleet. I can tell you one thing, if my regular Eldar opponents use the Avatar, I won't be sending my Daemon Prince anywhere near them, Black Mace/Axe of Blind Fury or not......
    That thing is scary as hell.
    Yep. The only answer to it is to try and shoot it down the hard way. I'm not too keen on that. Hence my earlier comments about this game becoming more and more like old Godzilla movies.

A counter assault unit that can only counter assault units not in terrain.

I'm suddenly feeling more well disposed to Shining Spears, even the models:

They look nicer than I remember (I've not looked at mine in a while) and their legs are kind of adorable. Need to replace the lances though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Are we certain that the Banshee mask allows the opponent to strike at I1 and not I0 (which I think is what they FAQ'd for the similar sounding slaanesh fiend's effect? If so, against most units <I6 it would still allow banshees to go first. Otherwise I agree don't see why they would take away the grenades.

The acrobatic Move-Run-Assault with fleet re-rolls gives roughly a 19 inch average charge range absent cover which is not so bad, and with fleet even through cover it's not much worse. Turn 1 move up the wave serpent and deploy the banshees with a run then flat out it to use it as a LOS blocker/cover provider. Turn 2 move it out the way and then assault.

Turn 1 approx 13 inch average
    Turn 2 approx 19 inch average

Not an awful charge range.

More likely I can see them as an objective guard, hiding out of sight and then charging anything that gets too close.

As for banshees the only way I can see then being viable is as a tie breaker unit.

You bog down an enemy unit in close combat then get the banshees charge in the next turn to crack them.

Course this seems rather elaborate, I suppose it could work in a footdar army if you had wraith blades in front however if the rumours for acrobatic are true , the bonus to their runs roll is wasted as you need the banshees behind the tough as nails wraithblades, so they get at least some cover and not blasted to ****.

Sadly teh way toe Mask works now it just drops their initiatve by five to a minimum of 1 I'm fairly sure.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I don't think we are sure of ANYTHING yet, unless one of you wants to admit already having a book EARLY?