BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 229 of 300 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2994

Minsc on Warseer seems to have a copy.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    A counter assault unit that can only counter assault units not in terrain.

I'm suddenly feeling more well disposed to Shining Spears, even the models:

They look nicer than I remember (I've not looked at mine in a while) and their legs are kind of adorable. Need to replace the lances though.
    I converted my spears with dark elf cold one knights, the spear arms are plastic and don't throw off the balance ( my spears are the old metal ones), I glued on shield to make them more well knight like.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    Yep. The only answer to it is to try and shoot it down the hard way. I'm not too keen on that. Hence my earlier comments about this game becoming more and more like old Godzilla movies.
    I'm actually surprised at how cost-effective it is. I expected it to get a stat-line like a Greater Daemon and.....it certainly got one! WS10, BS10, S6, T6, W5, I10, A5, 3+ 5++.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    I don't think we are sure of ANYTHING yet, unless one of you wants to admit already having a book EARLY?
    I've seen a lot of this stuff first-hand, but I didn't see everything.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    We need to learn to play more like Tau that can't shoot instead of Eldar that can assault.
    Sooo, roll over and die? Tau that can't shoot are useless.

Can anyone confirm if Illic has the independant character rule?
    www.ancientcitycon.com June 18-20, 2014 Jacksonville, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I'm actually surprised at how cost-effective it is. I expected it to get a stat-line like a Greater Daemon and.....it certainly got one! WS10, BS10, S6, T6, W5, I10, A5, 3+ 5++.
    Yep. It is very, very nasty. The Disarm makes it the favored winner of any MC on MC battle given it can take away the Instant Death weapons and so on. I'll want to be sure to have weaned it of a few wounds before contact to be sure since I must assume the worst that I won't have my Black Mace.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    Sooo, roll over and die? Tau that can't shoot are useless.
    Its certainly not going to be easy - but then again Eldar have never been a beginners army.

Finding out where the synergies come together is going to be key. We can't be stuck in past editions' mold such as Doom + Banshees = win. We have to think of new ways to exploit the advantages in the army. The answers to the well oiled swordwind have never really been at face value and from what information we have now - its not enough to figure it out.

What I am scared about is that making these combinations seems to be VERY pricey. Again, just looking at a jetbike council of 5 is likely as much as a squad of 9 was before.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Agreed. Especially because the Avatar goes first and can Smash with four attacks on the charge!

Laser Lances for Shining Spears are now AP3. They are also now S:+3 AP3 in melee on the charge (interestingly, their melee attacks also have Lance so they can glance Land Raiders and stuff I think).
    Woah! Warp Spiders Spinneret Rifles (as in, their standard gun) is now not only S6 AP1 Pinning (as before), but Rapid Fire! Also S7 against enemies with I3 or lower.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 05-29-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Am I Missing something on guardians?

It would appear that a 20-strong squad of guardians can take 2 EMLs @ BS4 ~200 points?

That would go a long way towards defraying the Eldar's longstanding problem with long-ranged AT, BS4 AT in troops! With a healthy dose of Stay the F*** Away in the 20 Bladestorm-d shuricats.

Also, can anyone confirm which units warlocks can attach to? I've heard "any", "guardian jetbikes, defender, storm units" and "guardians or wraithguard". Who can take warlocks makes a HUGE difference.

So the bright side is that my favourite all-female unit is maybe situationally useful in a support capacity, wonderful. Maybe they can have a bake sale to help boost morale! (this is me on a silly rant, not responding to anyone else)
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!