BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 230 of 300 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2994
    Chapter-Master

Woah! Warp Spiders Spinneret Rifles (as in, their standard gun) is now not only S6 AP1 Pinning (as before), but Rapid Fire! Also S7 against enemies with I3 or lower.
    It appears that the rapid fire gun is the spinnerette rifle which is the gun that the exarch can get. The "mono-blaster" is what seems to be the traditional Warp Spider gun which is 12" Assault 2, s6 Ap- Monofilament (rendinglite on a 6 to wound)
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    So the bright side is that my favourite all-female unit is maybe situationally useful in a support capacity, wonderful. Maybe they can have a bake sale to help boost morale! (this is me on a silly rant, not responding to anyone else)
    I think we need to have a discussion about "reasonable expectations" if you were thinking that banshees would be the best assault unit in the game bar-none.

Aspect warriors are all situational, and it appears that banshees will still be a potent counter-assault unit to a stout gunline army.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Ah ok, must have been a mistranslation. Was gonna say that that sounded over the top lol.

Ah, my issue was that the summary on Heresy Online mislabels the weapons in the unit section but not the wargear section.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 05-29-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Look we all knew (or at least cynical people like me) expected them to rig it so our existing models wouldn't cut the mustard as much unless more were purchased and that the best combinations were going to come from having to buy new ones. I don't like it any better than any of you, but GW is remaining true to form. I feel for you Eldargal... I really do... I have 10,000pts of models on my shelf that don't see the light of day now because they are "situationally useful" at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I think we need to have a discussion about "reasonable expectations" if you were thinking that banshees would be the best assault unit in the game bar-none.

Aspect warriors are all situational, and it appears that banshees will still be a potent counter-assault unit to a stout gunline army.
    How do you get from 'I wish Banshees were a viable assault unit' to 'best assault unit in the game'?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

How do you get from 'I wish Banshees were a viable assault unit' to 'best assault unit in the game'?
    Well... asking for a "viable" assault unit in this Edition would be asking for the best assault unit in the game.

Not really, being able to charge into cover and not suffer too much from shooting would be enough. With the run move they were almost halfway there, even without assault vehicles.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I think I'll write to GW and ask them to errata grenades back to Banshees. It won't achieve anything but at least I tried. Really quite upset that after five years of dwindling usefulness instead of being revamped Banshees are even worse.
    You go girl!

It may well turn out to be an omission anyway. I'm pretty sure we've already seen a few items of wargear get errata'd in 6th Ed (Dark Angels for sure had it). I think that all aspect warriors should probably have plasma grenades anyway.

Do we know if Warlocks have to make psychic tests on Ld 8?
    From what I am hearing I am guessing that they want to really have Eldar trickery with the new powers having buffs and de-buffs in all manner of departments. But if we are relying on that from randomly generated powers requiring Ld8 tests... well that would be a bit worrying. Not sky is falling, but not very Eldar-like to be sure at the very least.

12 inch catapults are still disappointing though. I think that at the very least vehicles and bikes should have 18 inch range catapults. I know it sounds whiny, but it really really sticks in my craw and it just doesn't make sense to me. It just makes Shuriken Catapults come across as more akin to a shotgun than a rifle.

It can never hurt to ask. I ask all the time. It hasn't worked yet, but I hold out hope for others.

Hmm kelly in the white dwarf says that banshees "strike faster than any other warrior could hope to" whatever that means.... which when compared on internal balance seems to be a lie as well, spears will get there faster.

Perhaps they being made into a "rapid response" unit ??

In any case I will try a few games with them in the new codex and see if I can find a method to kick *** with them, this includes an archon with a PGL !!!!!