BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Archonate View Post
    Why? So GW will continue to be oblivious to the fact that so many of it's fans (including many sm players) are sick and tired of space marines? Forget it. I don't care about SMs, why should I shut up and be happy about them receiving more praise and glory than they're worth? I intend to be vocal about my disappointment in GW for grossly neglecting several far more interesting armies. Otherwise they'll never get the message.

I believe the conversation was about business ethics, not plastic toy soldiers.

GW exercises very poor judgment in regard to business revenue maximization. The appeal of 40k is not space marines, it is the diversity of the game. SM players get in thinking of all the fun they're going to have fighting aliens, only to find that they really only fight other SMs. GW does themselves an injustice by only advertising to one tiny dimension of that universe. They seem to think SM fans would all drop the game if they were to advertise a greater diversity of miniature lines.

The fact is, ALL the armies have appeal. To many people, that appeal is exclusive to one army. GW has gotten no money from me in over 5 years because they keep dragging their feet on the only army I'm interested in. I'd wager there are tens of thousands of Necron, Tau, Sisters of Battle and DE fans with that same disposition. Each willing to give at least a thousand dollars to GW, if only GW wanted their money... But no, GW would rather pander to a crowd which it's already going to get money from...
    You are silly...if GW exercised poor judgment or if more than a small, but very loud minority were really unhappy, they would not still be in business. I am sure that when you put your game on the market you will make better decisions and easily pull the lions share of the market from GW. Until then, take serious note of the fact that the guys at GW are putting out some of the best figures and rules that they have ever put out and in a really bad world market they are still doing just fine.
    Play the game or don't but the constant trashing on the guys who supply our hobby/obsession is entirely bad for the game. Nothing positive will come of bashing the company.

Chaplain

hear hear. as someone who collects inquisition, i SHOULD be slating GW, but instead im happy, we easily have the best value for money kit, in the form of the exorcist, and yeah, we're not supported as much in erratta etc, but honestly who cares? really? you can sit and moan about how broken your dex is, or you can find interesting and fun ways to make it work for you, make your own rules etc. DA players complain bout points costs, find a frienly group, and sub in the revised costs, instead of placing all responsibility on tyhe company, accept some yourselves is what i say. want to win tournaments, but your army wasnt designed for 5th? you can complain about it, or you can have fun playing it. personally i joined BoLS for the outlook of the moderators view "if its broke, fix it your bloody self!" its YOUR army, not GW's, so YOU fix it, and stop cloggin the forums, just wait, itll be your turn soon!

Veteran-Sergeant

Why is this thread still running? Shouldn't it have at least been moved, it never had a place in this section of the forum anyway.

I think the best way to end any Dark Eldar thread is with Jes Goodwins final words on the subject from the last design philosophy podcast:

"Worry not, I'm working hard".

look lets face it dark eldar will come out when the sun goes dark do i particularly like this? no and id love to be proved wrong sometime soon but meh theres nothing wrong with the rules ... at all just a few small things really need to be changed so get over it there are worse codexes ... insidentally i include space marines in this because im yet to find a marine list i cant slaughter but ill give wolves a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I think the best way to end any Dark Eldar thread is with Jes Goodwins final words on the subject from the last design philosophy podcast:

"Worry not, I'm working hard".
    “Trust us, Duke Nukem Forever will rock when it comes out next year.” – Joe Siegler, 1999

Except Jes Goodwin always delivers quality. A better analogy would be with Blizzard "We will release it when its ready". I'm all for cross-platform geek references, but try an get them right.

Quote Originally Posted by A HUGE BLUNT View Post
    “Trust us, Duke Nukem Forever will rock when it comes out next year.” – Joe Siegler, 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidice View Post
    GW has stated that every codex is going to get updated before any new race or 6th edition. So Tau, Eldar, Witch/Demon hunters <--one codex maybe??, Darkangels Black templars..

BTW easiest new army to release wll be ordos xenos!
    Is there a link for this? I've been saying that should be done for an age now and maybe I've been doing GW wrong. Any way I can get a direct GW link here so I can know weather or not to eat come serious crow?

I remember reading a quote that everyone was going to be updated... in 4th edition.
    Don't hold your breath.

I heard that Tau were coming after Tyranids. Then I realized that was just me wish-listing. My Tau-Fu has gotten old and lame. =(

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast