Page 281 of 300 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 2994
    Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Mkvenner View Post
    GW: "We're going to need a bigger box."
    "That's a big Twinkie."

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    OH NO.

However will I live with myself for using a word that implies violence to describe a fictitious device on a plastic army man that supposedly inflicts fake violence on another plastic army man?

I think that "immaturity" isn't the real problem here. I could have said "beat stick" and nobody would have accused me of being immature even though it's just another four-letter-word that implies violence. Its more likely that you've been predictably programmed by the PC police to think that the word "wiffle" is bad when used in a non-serious fashion. If this is the case then I suggest going out and finding something other to do than be offended at words that people say that don't imply any kind of malice whatsoever in any way, shape, or form.

Yeah the word 'wiffle' is bad. Nobody thinks you're bad or that you think it's ok to do something horrible to a person, just that your word choice is inappropriate for this forum.
    Last edited by FirstLegion; 05-31-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I've not been brainwashed, I've nearly been wiffled. Not quite the same thing. Wiffle is something real that happens to real people and chances are it has happened to someone you know.
    And yet nothing I've said implied sexual assault in any way shape or form. Wiffle is a word typed on the internet.

Someone very close to me was sexually assaulted when she was a teenager. Get over yourself and your self-inflated sense of importance as queen of the word police.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 06-01-2013 at 05:10 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by cebalrai View Post
    Yeah the word 'wiffle' is bad. Nobody thinks you're bad or that you think it's ok to do something horrible to a person, just that your word choice is inappropriate for this forum.
    Could I get a list of the "appropriate" words that are approved for use on this forum?

Thanks.
    Last edited by FirstLegion; 05-31-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Could I get a list of the "appropriate" words that are approved for use on this forum?

Thanks.
    If you need to ask....

And yet nothing I've said implied sexual assault in any way shape or form. Wiffle is a word typed on the internet.

My wife was sexually assaulted when she was a teenager. Get over yourself and your self-inflated sense of importance as queen of the word police.
    Wiffle is a word that means wiffle, it isn't an implication it is explicit. You need to get over your immature and moronic belief that you have some kind of right to use highly charged words just because you personally aren't offended by them.
    Last edited by FirstLegion; 05-31-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Thanks.
    Yea man, I've found your posts useful throughout this thread. But I just registered to hop in and point out that no one else is jumping in to defend you here, so you might want to reconsider the language. The argument that "wiffle is a word typed on the internet" is the weakest defense I've ever heard. And if beat stick means the same thing, why not just use that instead? No reason to use a word that's going to conjure up bad memories/feelings in people when you're trying to have a conversation about something positive.

Thanks.
    Well, you've got a word to start the list with.

You've seemed pretty grouchy on the forums lately, what gives?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by cebalrai View Post
    If you need to ask....
    I need to ask so I don't run a foul of the PC police who might discount my thoughts and ideas because of a specific word that I used that bears absolutely no relevance whatsoever to the discussion at hand.

Words hurt... right? I aim to not hurt anyone with my horribly heinous four letter words.

I think at this point there's no purpose in continuing this conversation. People here have expressed their displeasure in the choice of vocabulary I have used. I told them in no uncertain terms that they are welcome to get over it.

Neither party is likely to see the others' side of it so I suggest we keep talking about Eldar.

Say - Baharroth's power isn't the scatterless deepstrike - boo...

Going to have to think about how to pull off that nasty trick now.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Wiffle is a word that means sexual assault, it isn't an implication it is explicit. You need to get over your immature and moronic belief that you have some kind of right to use highly charged words just because you personally aren't offended by them.
    Technically I'm perfectly free to say all kinds of words that are offensive to whoever reads them - and you are perfectly free to be offended by them. Thats where the wonderful balance of free speech rests. I understand things are a bit different across the pond however in that regard.