BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 295 of 300 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 2994
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    Asurmen: Frankly I don't see the point, his tranged attacks are rubbish and there are better combat lords
    D3 warlord traits, S5 AP2 I7 combat and a 4++ are nothing to sneeze at
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    D3 warlord traits, S5 AP2 I7 combat and a 4++ are nothing to sneeze at
    And don't forget that if you manage to get off that -3 LD power against your target, Asurmen's sword can make even the most eternal warrior disappear :P
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

From what I can tell Jain zar may not have and invulnerable but for purposes of challenges disarm is significantly mroe useful, wham no power fist for you.

Quote Originally Posted by colinsherlow View Post
    Everybody get ready to send gw faq emails asap so we can get things straightened up. Like do warlocks roll for powers before being split into units (I doubt it, but I hope so). Do guardians get twin linked if scatter laser hits? (Doubt it but hope so again). If a war walker takes 2 scatter lasers can it fire 1 to iniate target lock so that the other scatter laser can for twin linked? (I think this one may work)
    That wont work. Just saying... FAQs dont come out often enough and its often to REALLY fix glaring issues. I don't see that the banshees are ZOGM broken.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersparks View Post
    I think we (Eldar enthusiasts) are in a bit of a crisis. Despite Edition changes from 3rd, 4th, 5th & to a degree 6th, the Eldar have played the same, or at least maybe we were familiar enough with the Eldar stats & tactics that it was easy to adapt to edition changes.

Now, in this strangest of editions, our beloved Eldar are no longer the army we fell in love with. They are a vastly different army with similarities to our previous codex. GW's reasoning aside (don't get me started), in order for us Eldar guys & gals to be happy with what we have, we're going to have to fall in love with the Eldar all over again.

It's like waking up from a coma & the world has moved on, but you're stuck in the 90's. Same fluff, same models (mostly), completely different army that will need a whole new set of tricks, synergy & as we all are afraid, allies in order to be effective on the table.

Here's hoping we don't get our hearts broken.
    I dont think the army needs allies to be effective, but you aren't going to be able to hitstick the high tier armies without cunning. Think shaolin... very specialized, a tool for every purpose, but if you dont use the right one, you be screwed... not all that different from the 90s that I remember, and I've been doing this crap since 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikgav View Post
    There are 1 or two questions i wouldnt mind answering but alot of the wish listing going on is getting silly.

FAQ's are to solve actual questions you have, not to try and strong-arm GW to add rules/wargear etc to units. The Banshees are screwed, sorry, thats just that.

The Wraithknight can take 4 guns just like the Wraithlord has always been able to take. Its not suddenly gonna get an extra rule to fire all 4. Theyre situational. Think of it as 2 Primary slots and 2 additional for an alternate role/additional effects.

Heavy D-Cannons (to me) seem very Anti-Armor/Monstrous Creature. So let them fill that role. Target gone? Fine, switch to the Double Starcannons for infantry work, or Perhaps your opponent is fielding Squadrons of Light Armor, two Scatter Lasers would be so much better for that etc....

The Suncannon seems more anti infantry, it comes with a shield so add a Scatter Laser to twin link it. One slot left? Theres nothing saying you HAVE to fill that slot?

As for actual questions, one thats probably easy to see, that i missed and im the cautious type. If a Warp Spider unit use the Warp Rift Generator, is there a limitation on movement after or is the chance to lose Squad Members the drawback to them having such rediculous speed?
    This man is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikgav View Post

FAQ's are to solve actual questions you have, not to try and strong-arm GW to add rules/wargear etc to units. The Banshees are screwed, sorry, thats just that.
    You've never heard of 'errata' then.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    You've never heard of 'errata' then.
    I don't want to be negative, but I'm going to say right now GW leaves them as is.

"He's dead, Jim."
    "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Mkvenner View Post
    I don't want to be negative, but I'm going to say right now GW leaves them as is.

"He's dead, Jim."
    Agreed, but we won't know for sure until the next FAQ is up. The DA FAQ added items to units so it isn't like there is no recent precedent. Also the idea that asking GW to fix a unit in an errata is 'strongarming' them is offensively stupid. Strong arming implie some kind of hold over GW which is non-existent in this case. All we can do is ask with little expectation of success.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Mkvenner View Post

"He's dead, Jim."
    I'll take that bet. I think GW is going to say "oopsie, we meant to say Banshees have grenades".

And than Banshees will make a tremendous improvement, all the way up to mediocre.

Chapter-Master

I can't think of any case where they've ever done that before, except the Helbrute. And they only changed the Helbrute because the points were different in different languages, so I'm not sure that really counts.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I played a few games last night with the new eldar. Very fun.

I just finished putting together Illic, and I cant help but keep laughing, cause I KNOW whats going to happen when I play him.

Illic: Got you dead in my sights warlord....*Click*

*On battle field*
    Marine 1: Hey commander, I was wondering i- *DEAD*

Illic:...Seriously? Ok, no problem...Random luck...This time...he wont....escape...*Click*

*On battle field*
    Marine 2: Oh my gosh commander what happened to Ji- *DEAD*

Illic: WHAT!?! Ok...3rd time is the charm...*Click*

*On battle field*
    Marine 3: Whao did you see that!? 2 guys just hit to sniper fi- *DEAD*

Illic: WHY DO ALL THESE GUYS KEEP POPPING UP RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY SHOTS!?!?!?!

Moral of the Story: "Look out sir" because F*** you thats why