BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by deaddice View Post
    Any news on the restrictions or drawbacks to fielding an Iyanden force out of this book ?
    Loss of Conceal as a primaris power.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

That seems to be a fair trade off, I wonder if you can mix and match the special wargear in the main eldar codex, sounds like the build possibilities are multiplying out fast.

To me it looks like they saved the nicest options for the "expansion." When an expansion is released two weeks later than the main book, you really just have a codex split over two books.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    To me it looks like they saved the nicest options for the "expansion." When an expansion is released two weeks later than the main book, you really just have a codex split over two books.
    I appreciate what your saying mate, for me it was a must buy. Yes I could have run a "ghost" style army using the main codex but I think this will allow me to be a bit more competative whilst still being a bit fluffy. To be honest though the books mostly centred around the fluff of Iyanden and missions to suit the theme. The actual FoC chart changes and warlord / spell options are covered on just 1 page.
    I never had much interest in many of the Eldar units, but if its a Wraith warrior type I'm interested.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    It's not that OP on Wraiths really, given that they lack the re-roll Fleet grants.
    I think people need to realize that its fleet that makes Battle Focus useable.

On wraith units, the only time I can see this being useful is for getting the D-scythes in range.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    Bollocks. You have a supplement released two weeks later. If this were included in the main codex we wouldn't be getting 30 pages of brand new background on an eldar craftworld which is more than we have had in two whole decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post

On wraith units, the only time I can see this being useful is for getting the D-scythes in range.
    Agreed, Battle focus lets you re-roll those pesky low rolls. Running one inch before/after shooting is hardly impressive.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I think is probably the best way to go about codex supplements. I mean, if the rules were too different - you'd end up with the same problem you have with all those space marine variants. This is a nice middle ground that offers new variant stuff without going _too_ far the other way and ending up with a 17th army they'd have to update - and nearly everyone moans that there are apparently far too many factions. I'll probably get this for the backround though personaly, as I couldnt care less about the rules one way or another.

Exactly. Also think how easy these will be to update for a new edition. It's like two pages of rules plus some scenarios, one FAQ/Errata and it's done without the kind of intensive re-balancing old style supplements would need. No more whining about outdated supplements.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post

Until it gets errata, doesn't the Wraithseer give Wraithguard fleet?

If you play with Forge World stuff.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    Until it gets errata, doesn't the Wraithseer give Wraithguard fleet?

If you play with Forge World stuff.
    Haha very true. Hadn't thought of that.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast