BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by david5th View Post
    I thought 3rd ed was the advent of modern 40K. The rules haven't changed that much in 4th,5th & 6th ed compared to the 2nd to 3rd ed jump.
    if I could consolidate in to units after combat nd have rending on hits. Man damonettes and diviation. Also no los is a big one.

I say just use these 3 rules from 3rd in 6 and we are good.

I don't recall ever having seen a GW sculpt of a guardsman with a storm bolter.

Are you sure that this wasnt just an option for a model, and your friend converted the model, as opposed to a GW model that was made obsolete?

TL;DR: Pics or it didn't happen.

Add some more as I remembered:
    CSM Bikes with Sonic Blasters.
    CSM Preds with Sonic Blasters as sponson weapons.
    CSM Thrall Wizards.
    DE Archon on Jetbike.

Veteran-Sergeant

GW produced a CSM Lord/Sorcerer with a Kai gun (daemon weapon) and lightning claw. No more Kai guns and it's too big to pass as a combi-bolter so another invalidated model.

Seems most of the examples came out of when the CSM codex lost a lot of it's flavour.

scout sgt namann from the dark angels...gw made a model.... he doesnt exist any more

capt sicarus with lightning claws.. special edition model now that option doesnt exist

eldar bonesinger model special edition.... never existed in any book i ever saw.. made a good spirit seer if you converted it

familiars and servo skulls....

older armies

sgt centurious LOD.. doesnt exist anywhere

All the above can still be used.

Namann? Scout Sarge.
    Sicarius? Captain with lightning claws.

So on, and so forth. Servo skulls? Warriors in a retinue unit thingy.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    And I'm not referring to units like the Pariah. The Pariah got a new name and a cooler model so that doesn't count. I'm talking about "Model X can no longer be fielded with weapon Y" type stuff...
    I'm a Necron player. What "new" Pariah did we get exactly? Do you mean Crypteks?

Some catachan models had them. Here is a link to one I could find [url]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GW-Warhammer-40K-Guard-Catachan-Captain-with-Power-Fist-/400333957281?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item5d35c 368a1[/url]

How about these guys.

[url]http://store.wargamingtrader.com/system/files/imagecache/product_full/E887%20-%20Eldar%20Guardians%20with%20Lasguns%20x%203%20%2 01990%20%20%20%20%2011-10-30.jpg[/url]

When 4th Edition hit these guys were gone and many of us old time Eldar players have quite a few due to the way we had to make our Eldar army.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345