BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 48 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148548 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

A full half dozen without being hardboiled?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

How was everyone's weekend?

Mine started a 01:30 when the falt two roads over started to party. The police were uninterested with this, even asking me if there was any other antisocial activity. I was adivsed to inform the council, I told them environmental services worked Monday-Friday 08:00 - 20:00, as it was outside of that time I couldn't use them, I also explained that as I didn't know the address of the complaint that they can't open/investigate a complaint. I suggested that as it was anti-social behaviour and disturbing the peace that it could be something they should investigate.

So 08:00 rolls round and having had no sleep I get up go to shower and I have no hot water, boiler is out of action, so I'm tired and wanting a wash. Boil a kettle for hot water and call teh police to update my log that the complaint is still on-going. New calle handler, I had to convince her that the local was within their jurisdiction and not the next force over. Call boiler people and they have a bloke within an hour. Brother-in-law calls says he is going to be 30 mins early for our 40k game.

Use hot water to make tea, put bacon and sausage on. Then wash, eat bacon, feel good.

Played some 40k BA vs Nids big bugs list.

Stand out moments:
    Flyrant vs Death Company Dread, (I was expecting a dead dread before striking back) but they were left with 1 wound/hp left.
    5 Man Termies made a massive tarpit taking out 2 squads of termagants, Tervigon, 2 wounds from a Trygon Prime and the last wound from the above Flyrant.
    Forgetting to fire with an outflanking baal at a squad of gargoyles that then charged the tanks and glanced to death.

Ended up being tabled, but it was fun.

Meanwhile, boiler repair man turns up within an hour of the call out and fails to fix my boiler, tells me he'll be back monday to fix it.

Spent the rest of the day watching warehouse 13/ eating

Night passes and morning comes, that was the end of day 1

Go to my sisters to baby sit while she goes to watch Bon Jovi, arrive at 15:00

Nephew (7 months) we play with his toy cars, bouncing and sing and walk around, you know "normal" stuff. Takes his bottle as per the norm, then at 17:00 he starts crying, do the checks, Nappy - Clean, Hungry - No, Temperature - Fine, so he wants attention so we bounce and sing some more. He settles down for 30 minutes so I prepare his dinner, in the interm he starts screaming an non-stop wailing doom , he just wants his mother, finally put him to sleep at 19:00.

Watch Voyager till 01:00, sister arrives home, drive home.

Night passes and morning comes, that was the end of day 2

Get into work and get a call from boiler repair man, I'm 20 minutes away, oh I say, I wasn't told you were coming, oh he says, the contact centre fouled up again.
    Repair man arrives, replaces part. Boiler is working.
    He then does it's annual service and "I've dropped X, have you seen it?" Now part X could be anything flux capacitor, prime mover absoultely anything I have no idea what it sounds looks like. "Hmm, I can't see it in the boiler or the floor, I'll go and get a replacement" so off he drives.

He arrives back and huzzah replaces teh bit he lost, the boiler passes it's inspecition and hot water is available again!

Yay!!
    So he replaces
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    A full half dozen without being hardboiled?
    I think I could manage it.

Buy some noise cancelling headphones? For flat parties, not babysitting.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I think I could manage it.

Buy some noise cancelling headphones? For flat parties, not babysitting.
    Or just encourage the police to use their ability to seize equipment..
    I fear that that might be the quickest and easiest solution, but I don't want to spend that kind of money.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

I love NPH. Hes just incredible
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    How was everyone's weekend?
    Well we got trapped between two lines of police on a side road between west street and and division street while the EDL marched down division street. No problem there the EDL were past in about a minute. What was a problem was the thirty or forty animals under the UAF banner caught in the cordon on the same short side road. Spitting, abusive, throwing things, faces covered. Think it's first time I've been worried to be in the city centre. The poor GF had a slight panic attack. Had to hide in the doorway of an apartment block.
    Next time I'll ignore the police statement encouraging people to shop in town as normal ¬_¬

Occuli Imperator

So the UAF protest people's rights to protest that they dislike, doesn't sound very anti-facisim to me.

Also: [url]http://www.popcap.com/plants-vs-zombies-adventures[/url]

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Next time I'll ignore the police statement encouraging people to shop in town as normal ¬_¬
    Sounds like everyone had an exciting weekend....!
    Trying to build a tau army
    How long will this take

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    So the UAF protest people's rights to protest that they dislike, doesn't sound very anti-facisim to me.
    That's what I said. If both groups had stayed in their designated areas there probably wouldn't have been a problem.
    That was probably hopelessly optimistic.

I'd have took a bit less excitement

Occuli Imperator

It does seem to be a little worrying where by your accounts the EDL was the more civilised group.

I'd have taken 8 hours sleep