BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

CSM are universally whinng because it wasn't a Legions codex, you mean. Yes, I'm generalizing.

Asking if we can expect new supplements if Iyanden sells well would be a very good question to ask, just don't ask for specifics as to what they might be.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Two questions:

1. (And this is really for Eldargal) Ask why Banshees are le poupe, or what Phil's idea was behind creating them without any kind of 'specialness'.

2. Ask Jes why those 2007 Eldar Jetbike re-sculpts never went into production.

Oh, and,

3. Ask Phil why he creates such dull codexes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I'm not even sure what Standard Bearer is.
    It was a largely pointless double page article in White Dwarf where JJ occasionally said something interesting but often rambled to fill the space. It's since been replaced by something even less like content, so you wouldn't be faulted for not knowing what it is or not having bothered to read it.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    CSM are universally whinng because it wasn't a Legions codex, you mean. Yes, I'm generalizing.

Asking if we can expect new supplements if Iyanden sells well would be a very good question to ask, just don't ask for specifics as to what they might be.
    if we're gonna generalize, theres three threads in general complaining that T8 W6 3+ isn't survivable.....
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

To the people whinging wanting a new ork or nidz codex because there out of date, how about asking in a polite manner,"will SoB ever be coming out and what can we expect from them".

I second would love to see a podcast of this, and hopefully a lot of good questions get asked.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post
    To the people whinging wanting a new ork or nidz codex because there out of date, how about asking in a polite manner,"will SoB ever be coming out and what can we expect from them".

I second would love to see a podcast of this, and hopefully a lot of good questions get asked.

stuff polite manner, I'm tempted to tell them to stop fr*kking around and release the damn things.

I mean that sci-fi females kickstarter just finished...in 30 seconds...
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

On JJ not reaching out: he has literally had a column in White Dwarf for eight sodding years where he does nothing but pontificate about the game and the thinking behind some of the game design decisions they take. I remember in 2008 he even tried to get a podcast series going where they discussed their thinking behind the then-new 5th edition rules. It's not everything it could be, but it is something.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    On JJ not reaching out: he has literally had a column in White Dwarf for eight sodding years where he does nothing but pontificate about the game and the thinking behind some of the game design decisions they take. I remember in 2008 he even tried to get a podcast series going where they discussed their thinking behind the then-new 5th edition rules. It's not everything it could be, but it is something.
    And in the year I've had a subscription (since May 2012) he's said precisely nothing interesting in his articles, so you can't fault people for not paying much attention to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post

I would love to see a Sisters Codex, I'm just not very hopeful. I'd also love to see more female guardsmen. In the fluff men and women serve in the IG, but you wouldn't realize that looking at the model range.

Nobody reads what JJ says because he says it in an overpriced monthly catalog. If White Dwarf was full of quality content then everyone would read it and his ramblings. I've often thought that even though Standard Bearer was a rambly, unfocused piece, you could at least get an idea of what he was thinking from it, even if that idea was a skewed view of the hobby from a limited group meta, and he doesn't have a lot to do with the day-to-day rules planning anymore.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast