3. Deployment map, players roll for table half
    4. Place fortifications
    5. Place terrain
    6. Place objectives
    7. Determine Warlord traits pg. 111 or codex
    8. If you have psychic powers, they generate them now
    9. Roll for deployment and who goes first
    10. Seize Initiative

That's all the steps before the game starts. Amazing how many people get that wrong.

Daemons have the same issue with rewards which I rolled at the same time as warlord traits pg. 66 daemon codex.

I don't see an issue since the Game Summary breaks it down with Warlord Traits before Psychic Powers .

Just to be clear I see both sides; however, based on chicop's post of the game summary I'll make the following observation:

So step 7. Determine Warlord traits is immediately followed by step 8. If you have psychic powers, they generate them now. The Codex states that also at this time you choose where your Warlocks will sit (immediately after determining Warlord traits). The codex did NOT say "before determining psychic powers" and the codex did NOT say "step 7.5." Therefore it appears to be simultaneous. When two things happen simultaneously then the owning players gets to choose the order.

Veteran-Sergeant

Hey I was reading my Codex...& I have one question....

Please tell me I am just missing the entry but....

Where is E.W. on the Avatar??? I was sure it would have it...but I did not see it...

Thanks in advance.
    Only in death does duty end...
    Imperial Guard W-8 L-16 D-7 Grey Knights(DH) W-6(1) L-8(5) D-3(1) Eldar W-1 L-3 T-1

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Force21 View Post
    Hey I was reading my Codex...& I have one question....

Please tell me I am just missing the entry but....

Where is E.W. on the Avatar??? I was sure it would have it...but I did not see it...

Thanks in advance.
    No EW for the avatar. He has to get by with his looks alone...

It doesn't. After proliferating in 5th, Eternal Warrior is once again becoming very rare. Very few daemons in any codex have EW.

The actual wording states the Eldar Warlock deployment is to happen immediately after Determining Warlord traits. While step 8 says before rolling for deployment. Since step 8 ties itself to to step 9 and the Eldar action ties itself to step 7 there can only be one order.

Quote Originally Posted by Xigorth View Post
    Just to be clear I see both sides; however, based on chicop's post of the game summary I'll make the following observation:

So step 7. Determine Warlord traits is immediately followed by step 8. If you have psychic powers, they generate them now. The Codex states that also at this time you choose where your Warlocks will sit (immediately after determining Warlord traits). The codex did NOT say "before determining psychic powers" and the codex did NOT say "step 7.5." Therefore it appears to be simultaneous. When two things happen simultaneously then the owning players gets to choose the order.

Scout

Situation: Independent Character given a jetbike joins a unit of infantry. Everyone has battle focus. Obviously a model on a jetbike cannot run.

1) Can the unit still run, with the model on the jetbike simply not able to move? (e.g. does every model in a unit have to be able to run for the unit to take that action?)
    2) Can the jetbike model still make the eldar jetbike assault phase move, assuming he maintains unit coherency?

Annoyingly, the text doesn't really talk about these sorts of situations. The text of the rules doesn't even really realize that units aren't jetbikes, infantry, etc. - really, those attributes seem to be held by models. So the strict answer is that there is no answer. Personally I would say yes to both questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Annoyingly, the text doesn't really talk about these sorts of situations. The text of the rules doesn't even really realize that units aren't jetbikes, infantry, etc. - really, those attributes seem to be held by models. So the strict answer is that there is no answer. Personally I would say yes to both questions.
    actually i think the answer is no the unit can not run since the jetbike can not perform that move..

as to whether the ic can use the jetbike assault move to leave .. idk off the top of my head.. id like to think so but not sure

Scout

He can't use the assault move to leave, that's clear in the rules (pg 39, he can only join/leave a unit in the movement phase), but I'm asking if he can use the assault move to re-position himself within the same unit.

Each model moves at his own speed (12" for the jetbike, 6" for the infantry) in the movement phase as long as they maintain coherency. I'm just unable to find rules about optional movement in other phases for mixed unit types in the same unit.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast