BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoq View Post
    How is the Avatar in your experience? I'd love to take one, and just run it around...
    The Avatar did pretty well with fast shot for his melta, and i also give him disarming strike to get rid of pw and pf so i don't have to use the invuln in cc if i don't have to but i only used him in the one game and as i said did pretty well without fortune but with it i might have actually won the game.

Chapter-Master

My normal suggestions involve violence or allowing one of your orifices to excrete into his miniature case. However this seems quite prevalent at the moment. So in all seriousness, in the way girls are encouraged to announce loudly 'take your hand off my arse' when they get touched up by some nonce, I would consider responding loudly: You are one of the most whiney poor sportsman bad losers I have ever played, and I am never playing you again. Then everyone in the shop knows to avoid this imbecile.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

You know, sometimes you just happen to draw "that guy". Here in the Philly area there is a notorious rage-quitter. I've seen him play friendly games with a good attitude, and sometimes he just loses it and takes his models off the table and goes home. One time I actually saw him rage-quit during deployment of a game because he didn't like what his opponent was putting down. I've been seeing him do this for almost 15 years, and I know he has been playing longer than that.

It seems like the situation upset you a bit, and that is understandable. I would feel terrible if I thought an opponent thought I wasn't a good sport about the game, win or loss. However, I wouldn't put much stock in the opinions of someone who literally throws their casualties into their box. Someone that volatile is either upset about something else and displacing it, or is at best a poor sport and at worst emotionally unbalanced.

You seem to approach the hobby in the right way and you seem to have a good attitude about how to carry yourself when out at the FLGS for a game, I wouldn't let this experience change the way you view yourself or your approach.

I had a similar experience on a gaming night at my local GW store playing Tau. I'm 35 and the other guy was probably early 20's, so I thought I was getting a mature game. I love painting vehicles so I have a riptide, sunshark and a pair of railheads plus suits and Farsight. I'm a little more organised than most of the players there and all my army lists are printed out from army builder prior to turning up, and always tell whoever I'm playing they are free to look over my lists. Like the OP I had intercept wherever I could get it and sure enough he began complaining as soon as I pie plated his first deepstriked terminator squad. I got accused of bangwagoning the new codex etc. Luckily the GW manager at the store has known me for some years and knows I've played Tau since they came out and told my opponent, who still grumbled. He completed the game but refused to shake hands and left the store pretty quick after the game.

Funnily enough there was another, younger guy waiting for us to finish as he was desperate to pit his Ultramarines against my Tau and try our some new anti Tau tactics. I still won, but it was a closer match and we both enjoyed it.

Occuli Imperator

Anyone who plays with the latest dex gets accused of jumping on the bandwagon.

I've had it before and I was fielding first edition models painted in old colours and you look at them, look at your models sigh and shake your head.

It is as always the same issue, people lose not because they played poorly, had a bad list or had below expected rolls, but because of the opponet. It must be the opponents fault otherwise you have no one to blame other than yourself. I don't mind if I lose, indeed I find it quite useful, you can evaluate why it didn't work, consider was it poor composition, were you asking a unit to do something beyond what it is capable and after analysis use it to either improve your game or your list.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Iron Father

Power bomb your opponent, is that a bit OTT ?
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Power bomb your opponent, is that a bit OTT ?
    I was expecting "Crush their skull with your bare hands" from you.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I was expecting "Crush their skull with your bare hands" from you.
    Bombs better, you can incorporate the gaming table too then
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoq View Post
    What would you do? What can you say when someone throws a fit like that? Or is it just better to let them go throw their temper tantrum elsewhere?
    Shout really loudly "Flee you scurrilous dog and let that drubbing be a lesson to you !" then pursue them from the venue at sword point.

If they are going to be a knob you may as well have some fun with it.

Battle-Brother

I played DE all the way from release to now. During the 4/5 edition transition before the new codex, i was winning nearly all club games and a couple of local (small20-30 person) tournys. I played friendly and even when i handed their *** to them was well received. I then 'retired' the DE for 18months until the new codex came out and all of a sudden i was now a power gamer.... Until i pointed out it was basicly the same list i had used before, even when DE were considered to be useless and i was still winning 75%.
    The point of all of this is, yes you can make a good balanced 'all comers' list that will do well/great, but if you are polite and explain that rushing your mega unit into an area where its going to be dakka'd by warriors and slapped by wyches people will thank you and stop calling you a power gamer. I don't go out as WAAC as I've met too many to do that to another. Its just sometimes a basic list, well developed and known, will beat poor tactics and mega deathstar units.
    If you know youre not WAAC or Jerkov, don't let it get to you, enjoy yourself, its only toy soldiers not real life.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast