BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Hope springs eternal. The south shall rise again. The most likely outcome is the Judge will award exactly what the Jury listed as damages and not a cent more. It is more likely he would reduce said damages for any number of reasons than award legal fees.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    Hope springs eternal. The south shall rise again. The most likely outcome is the Judge will award exactly what the Jury listed as damages and not a cent more. It is more likely he would reduce said damages for any number of reasons than award legal fees.
    The optimism of the GW apologists never ceases to amaze me.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    The optimism of the GW apologists never ceases to amaze me.
    How so? GW won on various points. I'd imagine it's common practice to go for whatever you can.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but nobody has said 'lolz GW deserve all and moar'.... Indeed, what I'm reading are lots of questions, and I'm posting questions myself......
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

In relation to pro bono the costs can still be recovered from the other side you just don't pay them. And GW are well within there right to claim costs than won the case in so much as the jury found infringements and award them damages.

The issue, however, is what the Judge said earlier on (before the trial). It was stated by said Judge that it would be better if they worked it out, indicated that it was unlikely they would win a judgement on much of their claims, and several other choice things. In short, the Judge was warning them off. Instead, Games Workshop pushed forward against this advice. A Judge who has suggested you do one thing and watches you do another tends to be less likely to award you legal fees. I'm just saying.

Fly Lord

It is my understanding from consulting with several lawyers that in the United States litigation costs are very, rarely awarded to one side or the other.

Something particularly egregious would have had to occur in the case for the judge to add on additional costs in excess of what a jury thought appropriate.

This looks to just be standard "crossing the t and dotting the i" legal boilerplate from both sides that wont go anywhere.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Was it shown somewhere what claims were lost by Chapterhouse? Going to their site I recognize a few missing things, but curiosity demands I see all of them.

It's on the judgement documents.

Some pads were ok, others not. There's quite a list of them do both wins and losses.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

They're already more than half way to raising $25k on their Kickstarter project...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    It is my understanding from consulting with several lawyers that in the United States litigation costs are very, rarely awarded to one side or the other.

Something particularly egregious would have had to occur in the case for the judge to add on additional costs in excess of what a jury thought appropriate.
    Definitely.

Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast