BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

That is true, I guess having bought from Raging Heroes before I'm spoiled because I already know what we will be getting compared to the artwork (usually insanely close) But for everyone else yeah 3D renders and printings will help quite a bit. I hope they do hit 700K they are an amazing company and I have nothing but admiration for them
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
    Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal) Satire 6

First-Captain

I'm in at $152 and I don't know how much more to pledge. I have previously got sucked in to these bloody things and dumped loads of cash in at the end for more stuff. If we get some good renders or 3D print outs....I'm in trouble.

I'm in pretty high now, tempted to add a connoisseur level to get resin characters too.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Raging Heroes politely putting the boot into some of the critics in their latest update:
    Question: “So we will have to spend our pledge based on the concept sketches for some of the characters/troops/mechs etc? Just asking because I know I, personally, am on the fence about several heroines and the mecha until I see how they look in 3D. After the unveil of the Kurg heavy troops, too, there was a lot of mixed opinion on the transition from concept to sculpt. People will be pretty hacked off if they spend their pledge on a concept then the print is subtly different to the point they don't like it”

Asharah Raging: “I'm not sure what to tell you. Compared to most other companies, our sculpts are very very very close to the concepts. But there will always be subtle changes to make sure that the models are castable and not too fragile. And please remember that we showed the models of the Troops BEFORE THEY WERE FINISHED. We will make sure NEVER to do that again. We did that mainly because of scale issues on which we wanted people's feedback. This means that these renders were shown mostly to help us get a better feel for what the backers were looking for in terms of proportions and scale, and some details were clearly stated to be unfinished. We were VERY clear about that, but nevertheless, many people did not bother to read the comments, drew many mistaken conclusions about these images, and shared them with everyone.

To be able to produce such a large quantity of sculpt at the same time, we have a very specific workflow.
    One of its particularities is that we do not develop each sculpt individually and one after the other.
    Instead, we work on large sections of the product range all at once.
    So, when we write that “80% of the sculpting process is done”, it means precisely that: 80% of the sculpting work that is required to send the minis to 3D printing is done.
    It does not mean that 80% of the sculpts are done. One person put it this way: "100% of the minis are 80% ready”, and that's a good way to summarise it.

As we already explained in this update on 'One-Shot Blondie, from concept to 3D print', we revise a sculpt MANY times before we send it to print. This is what ENSURES the quality of the Raging Heroes sculpts.

In a project like the TGG Kickstarter, it is also crucial that we take the time to review and compare all the sculpts against each other before we finalize them to guarantee the overall integrity and continuity of the range.

"So yes, we could show you some sculpts that are 80% done. But our previous experience has confirmed to us that this is not the right thing to do. We've already shared the Heroine 3D renders that we feel are very representative of what the 3 armies will look like.

If you don't feel confident about the final product, then I can certainly understand that, and you should perhaps not take the chance to be unhappy down the road. I know that most people that have seen our work trust us to get it right, and most of the time, they actually often find the actual casts BETTER than what they had anticipated from the final 3D renders!

And also, sometimes, there may be a few concepts that we think we can actually improve upon when we sculpt them, for example, Yoko and Dr von X....

But again, that is entirely up to you and we certainly won't hold it against you if you don't want to pledge for certain things.

I hope that helps...”
    <3
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Weird, I was thinking lately how their concept to model transitions are some of the most accurate I've ever seen!

Yep, in general their models are really, eally close to the concept art which is amazing when you consider what they have to do to translate a 2D image to a 3D sculpt. It isn't as simple as people think.

Yay 555k reached and jetpack girls unlocked.

Brother-Sergeant

I'm really digging the trikes and i'm glad they went ahead and unlocked the other 2 bikes for the armies... That "command bike" looks great.

We have officially passed 570K so 60K more and all 3 trikes will be unlocked (going to have to average 2K an hour to make it happen though)

I started out with like 150 in pledges just to get a few of the Heroines for my sisters of battle army, and here we are a month later and I'm spending SO much more than I ever planned. I really hope this one goes the distance and can meet all of the stretch goals that would be amazing.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
    Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal) Satire 6

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast