BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordGrise View Post
    ChapterHouse, maybe you might consider some add-on bits for the Riptide...? It's a lead-pipe cinch GW isn't gonna.
    I reckon FW will, though.

Chaplain

Just finished after three weeks of painting.
    Well worth it even without the Gaming Club Discount, and I've not even played with it yet.
    Now to get the other two painted.

Roll on the Apocalypse...

[URL=http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/Pssyche666/media/IMGP0096_zpsc1b7e4c9.jpg.html][/URL]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0096_zpsc1b7e4c9.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	4332  

HAH YES! Very pleased to see another Eldar player who paints all the little bumps as gems or gives them individual colours. I always hated the GW boring way of not painting them but perhaps painting one or two as gems. It never made sense to me that some are gems but the majority aren't even though the look identical :s

Anyway, very nice contrast of light/dark mixed with the red of the gems, like it very much

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I reckon FW will, though.
    And with added quality...

Had a peek at The Lord of Skulls today (local GW has one) and I'm seeing opportunities for add on kits. The tracks are interchangeable (one design, repeated 4 times) and mounting points which look as though they're designed for as an yet unseen part....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Poor argument, just because the Wraithlord is half the price of a Wraithknight and pays half as much for a ghostglaive doesn't change the fact the WL gets considerably more benefits from it without sacrificing anything to get it. For the extra points the WL gets +2S, AP2 and whatever else and still has tow shuriken catapults. The WL pays twice as much, gains a re-roll and loses two AP1 S10 D shots.
    I like the ghostglaive and scattershield combination both aesthetically and for gameplay, it helps if an opponent is desperate enough to tarpit your WK. But it isn't worth the points. Better to save points and have a plain WK and use it's mobility to keep it save or spend the extra points on the sun cannon and scattermajig to get the same.
    In fact, one WK is cheaper than two WLs with guns. It's just as durable as the two WLs, it's much, much faster, and has awesome guns seeing as Lance weapons are easily available elsewhere and most vehicles are AV12 or less anyways so Str 10 is better in general.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Right, the guns are a very, very good choice for the WK, the ghostglaive + scattershield option offers nothing but a considerable loss of threat range and firepower for a 5++ save which you should be able to get through cover anyway.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Well to me no they are not worth me paying $125 for even one.

Now the new Lord of Battles would cost me $175 just waiting for the one that will be over $200.

Now the cheapest version Wraithknight just has two shots and even at strength 10 they could just only glance a good % of the time. As for close combat only has 4 attacks at WS 4 so against most things will only be hitting it target around 50% of the time.

So no to both questions.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

seriously sainhann, there is plenty of empirical evidence out there explaining why wraithknights are awesome, Stop acting like they are a pyrovore.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Sainhann View Post
    Well to me no they are not worth me paying $125 for even one.

Now the new Lord of Battles would cost me $175 just waiting for the one that will be over $200.

Now the cheapest version Wraithknight just has two shots and even at strength 10 they could just only glance a good % of the time. As for close combat only has 4 attacks at WS 4 so against most things will only be hitting it target around 50% of the time.

So no to both questions.
    I've had a Wraithknight win me a game, purely based on how intimidating it is (and the sheer amount of firepower it can absorb).

Chapter-Master

I've seen Wraithknights win several games. I've seen them perform well but not critically so in others. But I have never seen one fail to be worth its points, even in the games in which they die (which are pretty rare).
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast