BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eldar vs IG

Also, a much ignored unit is the support weapons with a shadow weaver. you can get 3 str 6 barrage small blasts for only 90 pts. And with 48 inch range they have some solid reach. Center those blasts on any officers and they suffer instant death. plus they are great vs units of infantry. And with barrage they hit side armor, which is only 10 on chimeras.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by bluepowerade View Post
    Also, a much ignored unit is the support weapons with a shadow weaver. you can get 3 str 6 barrage small blasts for only 90 pts. And with 48 inch range they have some solid reach. Center those blasts on any officers and they suffer instant death. plus they are great vs units of infantry. And with barrage they hit side armor, which is only 10 on chimeras.
    I agree they are amazing for the points, 12 toughness 7 wounds is hard to pop, it is just our heavy support slot is full of so much win in higher points games i find it hard to fit them in. though at 1250 and less they do great.

A lot of good ideas, thanks. Especially like the Solitarch w fusion gun idea...that would be hilarious to see ripping apart a line of tanks.
    6th ed Eldar I have found so far to be extremely good, and good fun. They can actually be a bit survivable with all the cover save boosting and save rerolling - shocking! And they dish out plenty of punishment. Warp Spiders are just intense, although I think I prefer to deep strike them unless I know the foe is coming to me: you just make less Warp jump rolls that way.
    Anyway, I suppose we'll just see what happens when I face the gunline.

All three times I've deep struck them I mishapped and rolled a 1.... So I've decided to risk the warp jumps now haha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12