BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Fluff is not rules. It explicitly says that they only avoid scattering if the entire unit has the special rule. The Autarch doesn't have that special rule, so if he joins the squad then the entire unit doesn't have the rule and they will scatter. There's no ambiguity there.
    e.g. vanguard vets and heroic intervention + an IC = expensive assault marines - heroic intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    DarkLink's right, though if you're about to say that it's stupid that the rules unambiguously come out the way ... yes, it is. And it's one of the many things people were hoping would get changed about autarchs that for some reason just ... didn't happen.
    There's a lot of disappointing things about the autarch. For example, his lack of any of the awesome wargear options/rules from the aspects. The only good things about him are his price, if you were playing a 1000 point game for instance and couldn't afford 100 points for the vastly superior farseer, and the reserves rule, which is only good if you are using reserves. The only reason to run was is when using him/her in a fluff list or a cheap way to man a quad cannon. But I digress, this is a rules thread, not a lack of rules thread.

I have a question. Why bothering making monofiliment ap1 on a wound roll of 6 and bladestorm ap2? Why the difference?

The only difference is the effect on vehicles. AP2 gets a bonus on the vehicle penetration chart, but AP1 gets a bigger one.

Chapter-Master

but you don't wound vehicles...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

... yeah, missed that.

not sure the gwedi masters really understand their own rules !

Brother-Sergeant

Another question
    When do you determine how many shots you get for forfeiting the serpent shield..?
    Let's say I have 4 serpents.. Am I allowed to roll for each serpents number of "shield shots" and then decide which serpent is shooting at what or do I first have to declare my target and roll for the "shield shots" afterwards?
    The serpent shield says just "in the shooting phase the WS can deactivate its shields to shoot a burst of energy bla bla bla...".
    I would say you are allowed to roll for the number of hits for every serpent at the beginning of the shooting phase and then determine targets for each serpent later..
    What do you think?

This could be very important in my next game so I would like to see if anyone has any good arguments for it not working that way
    Last edited by Hal; 07-12-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Chapter-Master

No you go to each one. Say this one gets *roll* 4. Shoot those 4 shots.

Then the next one. roll a ....2. Bugger. Shoot those 2.

Repeat for each thing....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

Ok, but why exactly..?
    It just says "in the shooting phase" and not "when you shoot, roll a d6...."
    RAW i should be able to roll for all the serpents at the beginning of the shooting phase and see how many shots they get before shooting.
    Is there any rule that counters this?
    Last edited by Hal; 07-12-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast