BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

In the Blue Corner, supporting the rumour......

White Dwarf's recent Blanchitsu column...showing very much this sort of thing....seemingly completely at random.

In the Red Corner, against the rumour.......

So far uncorroborated, and the general 'not all that reliable' nature of recent rumours, barring those popping up a couple of weeks prior to release.....

I'd like to believe this one though!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Fly Lord

The minis would be key.

If it's 28mm and uses a "sampler set" of minis you can re-use as you make first steps to collecting a 40K army -its a winner. You could even get it into Target, and other mass market stores to introduce the masses to the universe.

If it's not 28mm - it's Inquisitor all over again.

Will watch this one.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Exactly, hopefully they have learnt from the Inquisitor mistake. It needs to be in 40k scale so people can use it as the starting point for an army and it needs to be widespread IF it is to be a gateway product. If it's just anotehr Space Hulk/Dreadfleet release than anything goes.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

it would be cool if they produced plastic clampack characters for it. might be a way to keep model-support going.

Rampant wishlisting: this would be an ideal opportunity to introduce some 28mm scale female eldar, say a ranger and a farseer. Inquisitor had a relatively high proportion of female sculpts (15%) as does Blanche Inquisitorial artwork and we know some Ordo Xenos Inquisitors maintain connections with them. Original Inquisitor had an eldar ranger
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    The minis would be key.

If it's 28mm and uses a "sampler set" of minis you can re-use as you make first steps to collecting a 40K army -its a winner. You could even get it into Target, and other mass market stores to introduce the masses to the universe.
    Like Space Crusade and Hero quest.

I real hope we get some more on this either way soon cause I'm already planning gaming nights!
    I'm wish listing some Arbites and Genestealer Cults
    I love a game in a box situation!

Just looking at Space Hulk and Dreadfleet a 28mm scale game seems much more likely, my guess, crazy psychopathic inquisitorial retinue versus crazy psychopathic chaos traitors. I'd really like them to include a few imperial citizenry, maybe spontaneous militia/PDF style.

Best hope for female models would probably be a female inquisitor model.

Given the increased rate of codex release and continuing hobbit stuff for a coupel more years, i'd be surprised if this was more than a one-off.

Fly Lord

Careful what you wish for Eldargal.

The issue with Blanche Eldar females would be the 5" techno stilettos and the inevitable posterior mounted bright lance. There's also a general 15% chance of a motorcycle for no apparent reason.

Unless you're into that kinda thing - then it's all good
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Careful what you wish for Eldargal.

The issue with Blanche Eldar females would be the 5" techno stilettos and the inevitable posterior mounted bright lance. There's also a general 15% chance of a motorcycle for no apparent reason.
    Yes please

Brother-Captain

Given the reluctance people have to running 1k games of 40k I embrace this excuse to run smaller introductory games of 40k.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast