BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Warp spider purchasing woes

I'm a little annoyed.

I really want to acquire 10 warp spiders without an exarch.

However, they come in packs of five, one of which is a compulsory exarch in a configuration that I NEVER intend to field him with.

Guess I'm just whining. Not exited about buying 3 boxes and having 3 crappy extra models I don't need or want.
    Calm down. This is supposed to be FUN.

Brother-Sergeant

eBay is your friend in this situation...

Quote Originally Posted by rpricew View Post
    eBay is your friend in this situation...
    Not quite. I tried eBay. Nothing but metal (I abhor metal minis). Judging from people's unsuccessful attempts to sell their exarchs, pawning my extras off won't help.

Librarian

Convert the fine cast exarch in the second box just reposition his arms remove the blades and move one spinner and loose the other.

Brother-Sergeant

As lattd said, you could easily convert him, but if you ask me it would be a shame because the warp spider exarch is one of the few exarchs worth taking...

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hal View Post
    As lattd said, you could easily convert him, but if you ask me it would be a shame because the warp spider exarch is one of the few exarchs worth taking...
    the problem is, you just don't need three of them - and least of all with the crappy loadout the model has... so buy two boxes, convert one with something resembling a Spinneret Rifle (however you want that thing to look...) and the other with a regular 'Spinner

The exarch configuration that I'm interested in is the spinneret rifle.

The conversion work worries me though. Most of the ones I've seen online look dumb as hell, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspire to Glory View Post
    Not quite. I tried eBay. Nothing but metal (I abhor metal minis). Judging from people's unsuccessful attempts to sell their exarchs, pawning my extras off won't help.
    Abhor metal? As long as you don't lick them, they'll play ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Abhor metal? As long as you don't lick them, they'll play ok.
    Hate everything about metal minis.

Finecast hasn't been around long enough for people to have a ton that they don't need anymore, so while the price of the metal ones is going up due to being discontinued, there aren't enough finecast ones available, so dwindling supply is also driving up prices.

The packaging for Aspects has been screwed up ever since they went to the boxed format over the blister format. Even when blisters were available to supplement the box, you were always either one short or had one too many. But there is a serious overage of Exarchs now because of the stupid numbers.

I, for one, prefer working with metal as opposed to finecast in all but the thinnest pieces, but I love the level of detail in finecast. Also, let's not start up the metal/finecast debate again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast