BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Do you or your opponents play better with models you have taken the time to paint?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I feel it makes a difference

163 86.24%
  • No. Painted or unpainted makes no difference to me

26 13.76%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Rissan4ever View Post
    You should try it sometime. C'mon, live dangerously!

With approaching 18,000 Points of fully painted and based Eldar, it's much to late in the day to start doing that, I'm afraid...

forget talking to the plastic men... talk to the dice gods !

The longer it takes to paint your model the quicker it will be eliminated from the field of battle! (this seems to be the case most times)

Quote Originally Posted by Pssyche View Post
    I've never fielded an unpainted model in my life, so I wouldn't know.
    You should put on a monocle after you say something like that.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Chaplain

I sort of have an exception to the rule on that point. I have to visualise the colour scheme on the models before I can paint. So for a long while my Eldar pathfinders were simply base coated in black. Thing was it made them hard to see, especially in city scapes and they inevitably finished the game in 1 piece. Damage to the enemy was minimal but they held their objective.

Initiate

As someone who painted and played mostly historical miniatures for 35 years before getting into 40k, I won't put a unit on the table that isn't fully painted. It doesn't feel like it's 'my' unit if it's not painted, it's just plastic.

The Dark Mechanic

The whole point of playing miniatures games is for the look of all the painted models isn't it? For me the fun is seeing two (or more) painted armies moving around in painted scenery, creating a diorama that changes from turn to turn.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Scout

Ive recently started playing games with my vanilla codex space marines, and in the past 7 games ive won 6 and drawn 1, and even that was a techincality. The secret, its my only fully painted army. And matching dice, cant forget the matching dice.

i believe that painted armies as a whole typically outperform their counterparts more because of the person behind the force rather then the actual paint job.

When you see fantastic looking armies arrayed against you, in the back of your mind you come to the realization that the opponent you face has considerable time behind their force and that is a larger factor then if the model is painted or not. it also stands to reason that if the person behind the well assembled and painted force has the time behind the belt to know their force, they also know how to better utilize their forces and will therefor out perform those of the grey assembled type.

just my 2 cents.

As well as being a firm believer in painted models playing better I have to advocate naming your best painted and most successful models. Klaus the Fist (of my Imperial Fists) never fails to disappoint and despite being a sergeant has a tendency to cover himself in glory ever battle.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast